Author Topic: Not literate, semi-literate or literate?  (Read 4446 times)

Offline TheFeral10

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • You have to be smart. The easy days are over.
    • View Profile
Not literate, semi-literate or literate?
« on: May 27, 2013, 07:25:43 pm »
Hello guys! I have a problem with the roleplay topic. I really want to be a literate player but I'm not english so it's getting a bit hard for me. Even that I think I'm increasing and getting better. I use translate when wanting my roleplay to be really literate and I strive to remember the synonyms and harder for me words. I opened this topic because I want to see what's your opinion. I'll write a roleplay post without using translate with my favorite character Blake. He's a male dark wolf with flame-colored eyes. He has two sides - the one is brooding, mysterious, lonely and ect. The other one is just what my idea for his character was. Blake has something like a vampire condition in his dark side. When in it he's thirsty for blood, losing control and attacking anybody he sees. He passes from his vampire side to his normal side with faint and after that he doesn't remember anything. Ok, so here is my roleplay post. No translate!

"The male crustily stood up from its lean and turned around in searching for safe spot away from all those creatures around him, which could be possibly victims. He found a comfy looking hollow in the beginning of a hill. Blake headed over to it as he started first with languid and slow gait, then began speeding up with every step taken, leaving his bloody scent behind. As when he arrived, he padded down on the ice and left his body plop down whither it wants to. His massive figure began dipping in the thick snow. The brute's motionless body seemed dead, but you could see the chest slightly moving up and down with every breath taken in or out."

So, here it is. Please tell your opinion for my post. If you want to, please write a roleplay post too so I can see and maybe learn from you.  :) Thanks for the time you spent to read my topic. (And sorry if I made you confused by my english. I know, it sucks) Have a wonderful day!

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
Re: Not literate, semi-literate or literate?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 07:30:47 pm »
Your post is literate enought or so is my opinon.You should have no problem in getting accepted into an RP in the forums.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline TheFeral10

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 08:35:54 pm »
Thank you.

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »
Very good! I really love your sense of literacy! I too, am learning every day of RP skills. Hey, maybe I can show ya what I got, hm? :3 Also, you guys can have your opinions on the post too! My character is Caylis, a Hallow of mine, she has a LONG story, sooo. Enjoy!

Sapphire eyes gleamed as a black shape, a feline, a Hallow stepped through the snowy woods, with a snort she shook off the snow off her fur. A growl emitted from her maw as Caylis started to form a sadistic smirk, it was a habit she had taken ever since she killed her first target. Red hair hid her face as she chuckled. "Come out, come out.. wherever you are..." she said sickly as new blood dripped from her teeth...

Caylis has been driven into bloodlust.

I hope ya like it!

Offline TheFeral10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:53:24 pm »
Great! I like your character! And thanks for your opinion. My opinion is you are literate.

Offline Delija

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Life is looking up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 03:11:26 am »
Yes that is defiantly a level of literacy. I tend to have it as a system of levels, where as certain people are crazy literate to the point where you can't understand them. xD It's rare to come across those but its rather interesting to meet them, keep up with the literacy!
Signature by Adelish

Offline FictionalOwl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Yep, I'm the one who likes fictional books / owls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 06:02:19 am »
That was very good for you not being born speaking English! I like the context of your character that you have given us so far. Very creative!~
If you ever need help in the lines of words or spelling, just whisper me in-game or message me on the forums. I would be glad to help you if you desire it! I will even roleplay with you when I have the time. c:

The above image was done by WhiteLightHeart. <3

Offline TheFeral10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 08:15:13 am »
Thanks so much everyone! That means a lot for me.

Offline flurfy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 05:10:07 pm »
Literate, defiantly

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 12:23:28 am »
Example of my literacy level.

The cream-colored, almost white vixen stood on the boulder, the slight westerly breeze ruffling her fur. The fox's head was different than most foxes' cranium. She had a single horn on top. A simple unicorn horn. The vixen was a unicorn fox. She jumped down from the rock, her clawed-tipped paws landing squarely on the ground. The thorn in her left pawpad was hurting quite badly, and she gave a small 'ow' as she landed on the ground. 'Perhaps if I dip my paw in the water, the pain wil ease...' the fox thought. She then limped toward the water, and, dipping her paw in the water, she felt the pain ease. "Ahh.... much better," She sighed.

You're almost as literate as me, so I think you'll do fine. :3
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]