Author Topic: Your Opinions on Roleplay?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Mxter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Your Opinions on Roleplay?
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:09:43 am »
    Feralheart has a huge community of roleplayers, and hundreds of roleplays. But everyone seems to have different ideas on what really makes a roleplay great.
    What do you guys think? What qualities do you look for when joining or creating a roleplay? What do you think makes a roleplay succesful? Luck? A good plot? Active members?
    And which roleplays do you think have best demonstrated what makes a roleplay bad or good?
    For me, the most important part of a roleplay is the little introduction. An introduction with a good plot, a lot of details, and maybe a few visuals just draws me in.
    What's your opinion?

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinions on Roleplay?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 04:03:19 am »
I don't really care for qualities; features; nor a
very good and in-depth plot. I roleplay just to have fun not to be put into these categories
as to what you have to do and what you can't do(As to grammer and literacy). So all-in-all I like free-for-all roleplay though I do enjoy a good serious RP once in a while.
(I also haven' RPed in like 5 months)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 01:44:04 am »
The basic things I look for in a so-called "good" roleplay would be an original (unless it's a fandom rp, or based off another subject) plot, a writing style that appeals to me, a plot and characters that peak my interest, and just plain good people.-If the plot is fantastic and the characters are complex and exciting, but the people are no-gooders, I simply don't join...

That's what it all comes down to- people that are nice, respectful, and generally fun to rp with. :)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:48:34 am »
I like to roleplay, from time to time.

The groups I prefer are ones with a good Leader, active members, and possibly a site and storyline to boot.

Though, not all groups that have that have always been good to me.
So this means that kind members and a patient leader are also in my preference.

though honestly i am too scared to walk up to people much anymore so i have faded from the roleplaying world.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

DreamerDay

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 01:49:45 am »
Roleplay is great for meeting new people and enjoying new things. It allows you to show what a creative person you are and how you can expand your ideas. Usually, I join by mood ND interest. When I find a roleplay that I did to much of,i,just cancel that out and do something new. Anyway, right now I'm struggling on grammar and I do hope to get better.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 02:33:29 am »
I don't have the largest attention span and confidence for long-term roleplay so I haven't done it in awhile.

I look for a good and full plot and setting most of all. Members have to be active and respectful, along with the leader. Absolutely no OOC drama should take place or I'm out, because ain't nobody got time fo' dat. I also liked rivaled groups but most of the time there isn't in-character rivalry action as long as I'm there. The members could also be fun people OOC because that is what makes it more enjoyable for me. Oh, and not too strict on literacy, pls.