Author Topic: Moderator Free October  (Read 55133 times)

Nobu_Nobu

Re: Moderator Free October
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2018, 07:11:08 am »
I guess turning Feral-Heart into a battle-royale is one way to end the game.

On a more serious note, i don't see how you would expect this mechanic to steer anyone or anything towards progress and positivity, but rather, towards total inactivity.

Offline CityLights

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • An eye for an eye and the world goes blind
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2018, 07:28:54 am »
He who commits injustice is ever made more wretched than he who suffers it.
- Plato

For your own sake Razmirz, do not go through with this. See reason and perhaps redeem some of your respect.
The community will always resist this kind of injustice, for you are not fixing a problem, but creating a bigger one.
No matter how much you believe in people, if that is even in the background of this, a system like this will be abused, possibly even accidentally. People always need rules and righteous people to withhold them, for we are not even near perfect. This does not mean that we want a dictatorship into which your rule is quickly forming into, we want a democracy. You were wrong to go past the other staff.

A program cannot moderate the game, it's a faulty solution.

Even if you call it a short trial, you need to understand how quickly so many things can go wrong. In merely a day, you could destroy the entire game and its community. Before you have even implemented this change, people are already leaving in protest and in fear of suffering at the hands of this injustice.

And when you stand at the burning ruins of this game, hoping to fix this, you will have no way of knowing which of the bans were 'justified' and which were not. Let the moderators do their work, and if you have a problem with the way they are doing it, start there. Don't paste another problem on the issue like it were a piece of tape on a cracked pipe. It will not hold. It will not work.

Regarding the patch, it is something that many good folks in the community have worked very hard on. You have no right to block its implementation into the game by yourself. If you are uncertain of what the people want, let them vote. Don't be a dictator.

To the community:
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Fight for what is right, don't let it be too late.
Feral Heart is a unique game, don't let these injustices kill it.
It's easier to resist at the beginning than at the end.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Offline awesomelyodd

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
    • sirawesomelyodd
    • Awesomelyodd
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIN
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2018, 07:43:30 am »
Before you have even implemented this change, people are already leaving in protest and in fear of suffering at the hands of this injustice.

I would like to add onto this, there has been a rumor going around with some people that this post / news has reached some people whom despise FH, and are waiting for it to be implemented as it will be easily taken advantage of.

Dont hold me to it, idk if it’s actually true.
It’s just some things i heard.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:54:38 am by awesomelyodd »

Offline CityLights

• Forum Newcomer
  • An eye for an eye and the world goes blind
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2018, 07:55:54 am »
Before you have even implemented this change, people are already leaving in protest and in fear of suffering at the hands of this injustice.

I would like to add onto this, there has been a rumor going around with some people that this post / news has reached some people whom despise FH, and are waiting for it to be implemented as it will be easily taken advantage of.

Dont hold me to it, idk if it’s actually true.
It’s just some things i heard.

I wouldn't be surprised. The implementation of this system would make Feral Heart a very easy target for those who want to hurt the game.
It's easier to resist at the beginning than at the end.
- Leonardo da Vinci

AllioniiAzy

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2018, 08:34:38 am »
What we need is communication, and Raz basically came in like "hey guys we're doing this" and then left.
I get that there could be changes, but we still need to know how this system will work! We can't just go in with blind faith when its such a faulty concept.
It really is shady. To not even consult the staff, basically taking their jobs, and then not even respond to the backlash and protest? Not even to defend himself or to reassure people at least? He was ingame earlier and I've heard no word of him speaking to anyone. Its a huge red flag for someone in charge of so much to be silent and reclusive. This is an utter mess that could have been avoided had there been some basic communication. Though, I suppose, thanks for the heads up, at least? I guess? Its not enough.

Offline Vraptor98

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2018, 09:32:51 am »
Oh, wow....
Now, I almost never post in the forums but I'm a FH veteran who's been here since '12, and I honestly have to say this is probably the worst decision I've seen regarding this game.
I've met so many wonderful people and made memories that I'll continue to recall fondly for the rest of my life, and I hope to make many more here as well. Even if I was at times immature and overly goofy back when I was more well-known here, this game and the friends I made because of it were like an anchor when I was going through difficult times. Even if this isn't the most fantastic, mind-blowing game in the world, it's so so dear to my heart.
Please reconsider this decision, Raz! Communicate with your staff and trust them- that's what they're there for.

And to everyone- I love all of you so much. This community means so much more to me than many would believe, and I appreciate what everyone here has done for me over the many many years I've been a part of it. <3

Offline Melon

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • God in their worst form.
    • jennfelde
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2018, 09:35:16 am »
Deleted my post from before to make a new one.

This is such a awful idea. This could very well kill the community... Why would you think this was a good idea at all?

The entire community is against this idea heavily, as it CAN and WILL be abused.

I really hope this is just a joke.
Attempting to get more active. Enjoy the day!

Cheers!

Offline Bluminescent

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
  • "It's always about your friends, isn't it?"
    • Bluminescent
    • blumutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2018, 09:45:36 am »
I don't think this is exactly a good idea. There's people that will probably abuse this, and that's really not a risk worth taking. Please reconsider this idea, this whole thing will most likely not turn out as good as you hope.
My Deviantart

" Y'ever wonder what stars are? Where light comes from? "

Offline Koori

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Self-Proclaimed Official Hobo of Bonfire Island
    • Koori-Tora
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2018, 10:09:28 am »
put it back.
Check out Myatar Legends! It's an IT server with a diverse choice of character models [including gryphon options], separate marking and eye colors, horns/antlers... Just take a look for yourself! http://myatarlegends.forumotion.com/

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2018, 10:27:56 am »
Why did he make this into the hunger games?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"