Author Topic: A couple of notes  (Read 39219 times)

Offline aloeverastress

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • You told us you'd protect us, but what now?
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of notes
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2018, 07:34:20 pm »
At this point, it appears that you have no love or anything for our community, Raz. While I see why you want to do a no-mod October in attempts to test out what you're doing, you seem to miss the fact that this just won't work. Self-moderating is bound to drive people into the ground. You're making people quit Feral Heart because they're scared just to get on and see what will happen with the trolls and others that have a huge hate for someone, and you say that one block or even nine thousand blocks won't ban you, but then how does it work, Raz? Truly, I'd like to know, as I'm sure other people here would like to know as well. And how do you know that it will work? The staff team should be formed to back it up in case it malfunctions or it burns out because what then? Everyone will be terrified Raz, and what will you have to say for yourself? "Oh, it appears I'll have to shut the servers down until I can solve this." You should have staff to be there. Not to handle everything yourself- and I also missed the fact where you suddenly became owner of the game in making these decisions.

The community is scared, and what are you going to do about it? Honestly, this is bound to cause a huge decline throughout the game with people either disagreeing and just refusing to get on Feral Heart to prove a point, or they're too scared- as I stated earlier. You act as if you don't take consideration into how the community responds to this news, Raz. You act like you don't care. And honestly? I'm beginning to believe in that. You deny the community what they want (mods, updates with the old maps included, and so much more) and continue acting as if it's nothing? Raz, I beg you to understand- the community needs staff. It needs a leader that can go along with them, help, and calm their frantic minds. They don't need a mod-free October. Without administrators or moderators, the community will end up eating itself from the inside out.
We were told not to fear, but you caused the fear that now taints us.

So what now?

Offline Koori

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Self-Proclaimed Official Hobo of Bonfire Island
    • Koori-Tora
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2018, 07:51:55 pm »
You still haven't explained anything. I still don't understand what you're trying to implement. If you really want to keep this game alive, you're gonna have to get over yourself and start explaining. Communication is a very important thing, after all.
Check out Myatar Legends! It's an IT server with a diverse choice of character models [including gryphon options], separate marking and eye colors, horns/antlers... Just take a look for yourself! http://myatarlegends.forumotion.com/

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2018, 07:55:54 pm »
Took me awhile to actually understand what you meant there. Came across a bit confusing. Regardless, I still think it's not a good idea.

My only question to you would be, why didn't you speak to the staff about it first? Why did you just post it saying that "this is what we're doing now YOLO" without consulting the other members of the team first? If you think it's such a good idea, why didn't you show it to the team and explain everything about it? Who knows, maybe they would've thought it was a good idea, and gave out suggestions as to how it could be better. If it truly wasn't a good idea, however, I'm sure the very clever minds of all of you could admit it and dispose of the concept.

Now if I am completely wrong about these things, then why don't you explain what happened and why?

I know you're not going to "explain yourself", but all we ask for is clarification, a clear picture of how and why.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2018, 08:37:44 pm »
I know this probably could have been said already, but here it goes. i can't say much about the moderator free october thing because i'm just completely confused about it now. can you give more details on how the players moderating themselves would work? all i see is a few contradictions. also, this explanation was deeply disappointing for a number of reasons, but i'd like to focus on one.

a part of the game includes downloading things through random links, especially mediafire. this includes and is directed towards presets, markings, maps, and other such additions to the game that players want for personal customization and some are even required to deal with interacting with other players. going in to a "random mediafire link" or however you want to put it never would have been a direct cause of losing characters entirely. plus, the maps were linked on a seemingly more official post which was even linked on other sites, so it's more trustworthy than a random person trying to lure people in and get the best of them. it's just not the same. i'm not as mad because i had screenshotted my character and their rgb codes etc etc months ago, but you still carelessly caused things to be deleted such as: bios, group status, exact colors, traits, and much more that could have taken hours to combine and the same time or less to find and restore. i can not exactly say if you should be responsible for "cleaning it up" but it seems to be that you're throwing the blame on us for having our characters deleted without warning or explanation beforehand. and it's not just the characters, you're discouraging people for putting hard work in to making maps that the entire community wanted. i may be misinformed on this so correct me, but they weren't officially added, so why were they deleted anyways? why were our characters deleted? the maps were breaking no rules from what i've seen out of them.

second off, how could you prepare the staff for departure without notifying them? why do they need departure? (these aren't retorical questions.) staff are a huge part of holding multiplayer games together.

either way, i do hope this gets resolved or you at least see why your actions are not doing any good to the community.

Offline Talon

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2018, 09:20:48 pm »
I can not believe you think lost characters isn't an important matter! people spend hours and time and effort in there characters and bios and your just brushing it of like it isn't  important? Half the things in the game are downloaded off random sites and they work perfectly fine if you want to gain any trust back from the community then make it a prior concern and do something then do something about this stupid no mods matter.

Offline NKM9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I wonder what's for dinner.
    • View Profile
    • NKM9's Roblox profile
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2018, 09:29:23 pm »
I can not believe you think lost characters isn't an important matter! people spend hours and time and effort in there characters and bios and your just brushing it of like it isn't  important? ... make it a prior concern and do something then do something about this stupid no mods matter.

I wont restore your characters quite yet as it seems people are still loosing theirs. I'm not about to start some daily restore of lost characters.

He said he would eventually get around to doing it with the words "quite yet" so be patient. I'm aware you are angry, I would be as well if I lost something I spent a long time on, but for all we know he could be working on something more important than restoring characters.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:32:10 pm by NKM9 »

I like my dinner extra burnt by some mystical fire <3
Owner of the Snuggle Club of FH (PM me for Discord invite code)

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2018, 09:32:14 pm »
At this point, it appears that you have no love or anything for our community, Raz. While I see why you want to do a no-mod October in attempts to test out what you're doing, you seem to miss the fact that this just won't work. Self-moderating is bound to drive people into the ground. You're making people quit Feral Heart because they're scared just to get on and see what will happen with the trolls and others that have a huge hate for someone, and you say that one block or even nine thousand blocks won't ban you, but then how does it work, Raz? Truly, I'd like to know, as I'm sure other people here would like to know as well. And how do you know that it will work? The staff team should be formed to back it up in case it malfunctions or it burns out because what then? Everyone will be terrified Raz, and what will you have to say for yourself? "Oh, it appears I'll have to shut the servers down until I can solve this." You should have staff to be there. Not to handle everything yourself- and I also missed the fact where you suddenly became owner of the game in making these decisions.

The community is scared, and what are you going to do about it? Honestly, this is bound to cause a huge decline throughout the game with people either disagreeing and just refusing to get on Feral Heart to prove a point, or they're too scared- as I stated earlier. You act as if you don't take consideration into how the community responds to this news, Raz. You act like you don't care. And honestly? I'm beginning to believe in that. You deny the community what they want (mods, updates with the old maps included, and so much more) and continue acting as if it's nothing? Raz, I beg you to understand- the community needs staff. It needs a leader that can go along with them, help, and calm their frantic minds. They don't need a mod-free October. Without administrators or moderators, the community will end up eating itself from the inside out.

I know this probably could have been said already, but here it goes. i can't say much about the moderator free october thing because i'm just completely confused about it now. can you give more details on how the players moderating themselves would work? all i see is a few contradictions. also, this explanation was deeply disappointing for a number of reasons, but i'd like to focus on one.

a part of the game includes downloading things through random links, especially mediafire. this includes and is directed towards presets, markings, maps, and other such additions to the game that players want for personal customization and some are even required to deal with interacting with other players. going in to a "random mediafire link" or however you want to put it never would have been a direct cause of losing characters entirely. plus, the maps were linked on a seemingly more official post which was even linked on other sites, so it's more trustworthy than a random person trying to lure people in and get the best of them. it's just not the same. i'm not as mad because i had screenshotted my character and their rgb codes etc etc months ago, but you still carelessly caused things to be deleted such as: bios, group status, exact colors, traits, and much more that could have taken hours to combine and the same time or less to find and restore. i can not exactly say if you should be responsible for "cleaning it up" but it seems to be that you're throwing the blame on us for having our characters deleted without warning or explanation beforehand. and it's not just the characters, you're discouraging people for putting hard work in to making maps that the entire community wanted. i may be misinformed on this so correct me, but they weren't officially added, so why were they deleted anyways? why were our characters deleted? the maps were breaking no rules from what i've seen out of them.

second off, how could you prepare the staff for departure without notifying them? why do they need departure? (these aren't retorical questions.) staff are a huge part of holding multiplayer games together.

either way, i do hope this gets resolved or you at least see why your actions are not doing any good to the community.
to Raz:
 Give it up. If your plan is going that bad to where even your staff leave you. Consider leaving the game as it SHOULD BE. either that, or we call in the HK-Alliance of Italy to take the source code from you, as the rest of us nominate and inaugurate a leader who will actually RESPECT THE RANK of Game master.

Because you my dear, had so many people look up to you despite your silence. but really you came out with something more sinister than we thought.

This plan of yours is quite tyrannical. so please revert your plans and leave the game alone.

Good luck hiring the staff back and hope this would all blow over.

I'm just quoting people who say it better than me at this point. I'm still refusing to log into the game, along with some friends.
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2018, 09:33:55 pm »
I can not believe you think lost characters isn't an important matter! people spend hours and time and effort in there characters and bios and your just brushing it of like it isn't  important? ... make it a prior concern and do something then do something about this stupid no mods matter.

I wont restore your characters quite yet as it seems people are still loosing theirs. I'm not about to start some daily restore of lost characters.

He said he would eventually get around to doing it with the words "quite yet" so be patient. I'm aware you are angry, I would be as well if I lost something I spent a long time on, but for all we know he could be working on something more important than restoring characters.

I'm pretty sure Raz is the one who deleted the characters. Normally when a map is deleted or shut down, you just can't get into it or your character goes to a void. When that happens, it can still be recovered in the user panel. These characters are completely gone.
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline Talon

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2018, 09:36:58 pm »
Yeh exactly! i am pretty sure he was punishing people for going in the maps they where rejected fh maps also i didnt loose chracters i know people who did though its really unfair

I'm pretty sure Raz is the one who deleted the characters. Normally when a map is deleted or shut down, you just can't get into it or your character goes to a void. When that happens, it can still be recovered in the user panel. These characters are completely gone.

Offline Kryvul

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • http://kryvul.deviantart.com/
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2018, 09:49:04 pm »

I was actually online for a long time yesterday, and I saw people having fun. And if any hate was getting thrown around, it was at Raz. Which, you KNOW that if the staff had been online, they would have allowed it because it wasn't directed at them or their friends. Not all of the fun was mature, and yes, people were cursing. As I also mentioned in a later post, I do think that if that conduct is going to be free and rampant, the game should come with a warning then for minors or people who are easily offended.

All of this being said, again, I'm not defending what Raz has done. I don't agree with the fact he did this behind everyone's backs. But going behind HIS back and being equally petty? That's not really a way to behave either, especially when I refuse to believe that the staff or the community was dumb enough to think he wouldn't push back upon provocation.

A friend mentioned this to me, and I also did notice this. You guys DO realize that Raz came to the community about this policy change, right? He SAID in his post, that if enough people disagreed and didn't like it, that it would change. October's meant to be a test. All of this insanity has stemmed from people freaking out over it.

As I have said before, I will say it again. I don't condone Raz' behavior. But other than rationally trying to explain why we think something isn't a great idea and hoping he'll listen is literally all we can do. At least on FeralHeart. I'm willing to ride it out. If you're not, then you can join the massive rioting clusterfuck of a Discord hate server and try to make another game. FeralHeart is unique, yeah. And I understand that this sucks.

But rioting, calling everybody names, and throwing temper tantrums is going to get LITERALLY nothing done. It's throwing eggs at a brick wall.

It sucks. I know. But raging around like a toddler and screaming curse words AGAINST Raz like someone in massive red text did above, is not going to solve anything.

As much as I didn't think some of the staff were right to have their positions, and believe me when I say, I have had personal beef with a few of them over the years.
However, I am actually defending them IN THE SENSE OF WHAT RAZ IS DOING IS WRONG!

"You guys DO realize that Raz came to the community about this policy change, right? He SAID in his post, that if enough people disagreed and didn't like it, that it would change." No. He came to the community and told us he was doing it. He gave us, what, a week warning? He would be doing this whether or not we agree or disagree. And you know what, if you understood a bit as to who Raz is, you would know that it wouldn't matter if people didn't like Mod Free October, he would have kept it regardless.

You want to blame the staff before this incident for not being fair or right for their title?
This has NOTHING to do about how "the staff are also wrong too what about that". What an utter off topic point of blame. Why is it off topic? Because this is about what RAZMIRZ has done by GOING BEHIND THEIR BACKS and coming forth with a system that is to replace staff. As he so openly stated, I will repeat, THIS PROGRAM IS TO GET RID OF STAFF! Focus on this matter. Had Razmirz kept this to staff chat, had he told and very much warned that the staff were on thin ice by him saying he will be implementing this, the reaction of the FH staff would have been different.

I 100% agree that the staff team either needed to be reconstructed or them to change, but that post made by Nynx was to show that they were aware of what needed to change and were making a point that they were trying to change. Who stopped that? Raz. Who started banning staff, AKA Nynx, for releasing the maps for people to see, and to tell them that the staff team heard them? Raz. Who ultimately pushed staff who were trying to make a change out of the picture? Raz. Who is continuing to tell the community that it was because of Nynx all of the characters are gone? Raz. Who is actually to blame for deleting the map from the system files, and all the characters? Raz, because he was the one who just couldn't ignore the maps being released and instead just HAD to delete them.

Let me repeat this for you lot. Just because the staff have faults, does not make Raz's actions justified. He went behind their backs and made the threat that their days were numbered. They had an expiration date, so they decided to show them that they listened and Raz didn't. They outed him, and rightfully so. Someone had to do it.

"All of this being said, again, I'm not defending what Raz has done. I don't agree with the fact he did this behind everyone's backs. But going behind HIS back and being equally petty?"
As for the "over reacting petty behavior" that you carelessly state- welcome to the goddamn internet. It ain't right the way they're acting, but guess what, they're people, and they're upset. In numbers, people will cause chaos and riots. If anything has told you about history, is that's what happens. You can sit on the side and call them immature or overreacting all you want, but people will not stop when this is so fresh. It's best to leave that out of the picture and focus on the real problem.
And for someone who apparently isn't "defending Raz" you're doing a mighty fine job of looking like you are.

Signature and profile (C) Bawfle
Check out her work here: http://bawfle.deviantart.com/