Author Topic: Yellow line?  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Sincerely Yours

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Yellow line?
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:19:51 pm »
Yeah, I had to reinstall FH recently, due to some problems, and after I reinstalled it, a yellow vertical line is now stuck on my screen. I restarted my laptop, but to my surprise, it was still there, and I know the FH download caused it. Is anyone else having this issue? And can anyone tell me how to fix my laptop? It's a pretty obnoxious line.

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Yellow line?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »
That seems very odd; I've never really heard of that happening before! This is normally caused by your video card going bad or over heating. Consider replacing that and see if the problem goes away. I hope this helped a bit :)

Offline Sincerely Yours

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 06:50:38 pm »
That seems very odd; I've never really heard of that happening before! This is normally caused by your video card going bad or over heating. Consider replacing that and see if the problem goes away. I hope this helped a bit :)

I've never heard of a video card. How would something like that be replaced? And thank you for your help. I appreciate it. c:

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »
Well it's hard to explain, but I'll try my best LOL XD.

1. Make sure you choose a new video card that is compatible with your computer
2. Uninstall the existing video card drivers. Right-click "My Computer," select "Properties," click "Hardware" and click "Device Manager." In the Display Adapter section, double-click your existing video card. In the Properties menu that appears, select the Driver tab and press the "Uninstall" button.
3. Unplug your computer power cord so you don't get a shock (you might want someone older/trusted to do this next part XD). Find the AGP slot on the motherboard of the computer once you open it up, and unscrew the old video card.
4. Put the new video card firmly in place, and install the new drivers.

Hope THAT helped, although it does seem very confusing XD. Your video card is the device that makes your screen and everything show up. If it begins to die, you will see lines on your screen like that, so I do believe yours needs replacing! LOL sorry for the confusion, and good luck X3

Offline Sincerely Yours

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:06:29 pm »
Well it's hard to explain, but I'll try my best LOL XD.

1. Make sure you choose a new video card that is compatible with your computer
2. Uninstall the existing video card drivers. Right-click "My Computer," select "Properties," click "Hardware" and click "Device Manager." In the Display Adapter section, double-click your existing video card. In the Properties menu that appears, select the Driver tab and press the "Uninstall" button.
3. Unplug your computer power cord so you don't get a shock (you might want someone older/trusted to do this next part XD). Find the AGP slot on the motherboard of the computer once you open it up, and unscrew the old video card.
4. Put the new video card firmly in place, and install the new drivers.

Hope THAT helped, although it does seem very confusing XD. Your video card is the device that makes your screen and everything show up. If it begins to die, you will see lines on your screen like that, so I do believe yours needs replacing! LOL sorry for the confusion, and good luck X3

Yeah... that did sound pretty confusing. I'll have to ask my dad to call his friend, who happens to work on computers and whatnot. I hope that is the problem, and I hope that fixes it. Thank you for helping! :3

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:07:11 pm »
LOL yeah I thought it was; my appoligies XD! Any time though :)