Author Topic: Why is this so screwed up D:<  (Read 4690 times)

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
Re: Why is this so screwed up D:<
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 08:44:25 am »
No Map Claiming
You should never claim parts of public maps as your own for "you" or your pack/pride. The maps inside the game are meant for everyone and not only a certain user or user group, you need to share all the public locations with any user that you might bump into, as well as other users must respect the fact that there might be those roleplaying in the public chats and locations that exist. When it comes to downloadable private maps you are never allowed to claim any work(maps downloaded) as your own, this also goes for other creations such as items, meshes, markings etc. This could get you warned, kicked and in some cases banned from the game.

Altering Game Files
Do NOT alter any of the decrypted files or codes for the game that might affect the maps and/or gameplay. Giving your an advantage or not, the files should remain intact unless you are given a permission to change them. If you are caught doing this you will most likely face a longer ban.

Ok now I'm not doing this to pester or get myself banned I'm just doing it to try and understand a little further.

After reading the game rules those two above are the only two that state anything about maps. The only thing I see that comes relatively close is: "Giving your an advantage or not, the files should remain intact unless you are given a permission to change them."

It talks about an advantage but in alerting files None of Kovu's rules state that we cannot place Portals to FH maps in our Custom maps. Which is making me blatantly confused on what you and Skippy have been trying to pound into my head. I mean I'll take you're word for it but, still the rules state nothing.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 08:58:32 am »
Sorry if I didn't read the replies properly but to clarify things.

As long as you do not modify the original map files in any way you should be fine. If you just edit your own map files and manage to set up portals for the original maps then you should be fine, as long as you stay away from altering the original maps.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 09:01:20 am »
Sorry if I didn't read the replies properly but to clarify things.

As long as you do not modify the original map files in any way you should be fine. If you just edit your own map files and manage to set up portals for the original maps then you should be fine, as long as you stay away from altering the original maps.

Thank you Red For Clearing this up! I wouldn't even have a clue how to alter the originals so all is well. Have a wonderful Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night!

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 09:05:12 am »
SO now to be sure it's safe to re-ask my original question correct? (in a new thread of course)

CloudFish

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 02:22:51 pm »
My theory on why this isn't working, is because while you're linking it to the map found on your files, it's not being linked to the one sitting on the server. To do this, you /would/ have to alter the original game files, just like you say you couldn't or did not know how to do.

Therefore, it's not really possible. Probably for a reason. But meh. Not gonna argue if Red said it was okay to do.

Granted it was possible to do. Which don't think it is unless you alter the main files. Again, not possible/allowed for you to do.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 03:16:05 pm »
The majority of the official maps are not easy to link to your maps via portals. If you are able to get it to work then it's really not much we can do about it.

But in most cases you will not be able to get them to do so without altering the game files in such a manner without it being against the rules.

I think you miss my post here a bit cloud. I will mention again that if you get portals to work to the official maps by just using your map files and the map maker then it should be ok. But who says it's something that is done with a breeze. You can get a portal to work to any place in cape, but you cannot get it to work for any place in flourite as far as I know. If you'd make working portals the ones downloading the map would probably need to use these custom maps the same way.

The official maps in the game are hosted the same way on the server as the ones you make. You need the map files in order for you to see any of the maps, and even map custom as official has their own process on the server. The difference is how the maps themselves work, and the official maps are slightly different compared to the custom ones.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 03:42:41 pm »
Okay putting the rules aside....

It isn't possible to put map portals of default maps into a custom map. It just doesn't work.

Allowed to or not it just doesn't work.

And actually, this isn't against the rules since none of the encrypted files are edited...

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 03:45:47 pm »
It's possible if you alter the game files sameth xD

CloudFish

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 03:50:17 pm »
Which would mean is against rules, which is not allowed, so thus not possible?