Author Topic: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working  (Read 6971 times)

Offline grayAnimus

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • STONE PIZZA
    • View Profile
FeralHeart.exe has stopped working
« on: October 30, 2012, 06:50:26 pm »
It's been doing this ever since I downloaded FeralHeart again, which was yesterday. I've changed the render subsystem to Direct3D9, and I have been using low settings. I can get to the start-up screen, log in, and get to the screen where you choose create/choose an existing character. I click the "Start" button and get to the loading screen, but after a few seconds a message pops up saying "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working"... I remember this happening to me the last time I had FeralHeart too. I've been trying to look through different threads with people who had similar problems but I can't figure out how to fix it.
ilu

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart.exe has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:12:05 pm »
Usually uninstalling and deleting the entire game and folder works.

Sometimes this FeralHeart.exe error message can occur when you are trying to get into a crowded map like Fluorite. If this is the case just keep trying until you can get in, or just use the character reset option at the top right of the forum and get your character to a less crowded region.

You can also try going into the game's options through the main menu and then go into video settings.
From there you can:
Set Anti Aliasing to 0
Turn Water Reflection off
Set View Distance to 0
Changing your rendering system between OpenGL & Direct3D9

Also if you've ever downloaded any mod(s) at some point files could have been deleted or rearranged. Sometimes double particles appear in you particle folder. If you do find double particles delete the duplicates.
If all else fails maybe try refering to this:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=26735.0
Can't think of anything else right now but I hope something here works. Goodluck.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:04:16 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr

art by dearhunters on da

Offline grayAnimus

• Curious Wanderer
  • STONE PIZZA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »
@LordSuragaha-
Thank you for replying.
I haven't uninstalled  deleted the game folder yet, but I tried everything you asked me to do after that (except the deleting duplicate particle thing because I haven't downloaded any mods I think).
I guess I'm going to have to reinstall the game.

@Slydragon-
Thank you also for trying to help.
I actually was using that help thread earlier today before I started this thread. Nothing really helped, so... yeah. I'm just going to uninstall and reinstall the game, and see what happens.
ilu

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 10:44:36 pm »
You're welcome Banna. Hope that works out for you. Just be sure to back up any important files like presets etc into a folder else where in the computer. Let us know how things work out.

Offline grayAnimus

• Curious Wanderer
  • STONE PIZZA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:22 am »
@LordSuragaha-
I made sure to keep important files in a separate folder. Thank you for the tip.
I reinstalled the game, got to the same part where I was having the problem, and an in-game message came up saying, "Failed to connect to main server" or something like that. I tried two more times, and the "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working" Windows message came up again both times. This is very frustrating. D:
Thank you for your attempts at helping me. >.<
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:42:03 am by Banna »
ilu

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 01:22:06 am »
I'm sorry you're going through this.
The  "Failed to connect to the main server" message usually pops up when the server is down or you're having trouble connecting to a map that is at full capacity like Fluorite. Double check that it's not happening to all your characters. I get the Feralheart.exe message alot too when I try to get into Fluorite during it's packed hours. I know I suggested it before but it's better to be very sure it's not that especially since uninstalling/reinstalling the game doesn't replace character location. Characters and their locations are saved on the server. Try resetting their locations here on the forum on the upper right side where it says "character reset".
You can also try changing your video settings and rendering again now after the fresh install to see if things work now. If it still doesn't work and no one has any better advice to post here then my best suggestion is to try to contact a mod/admin about it. I have run out of ideas but if I come up with any better idea I'll let you know. Here is a link to a page where you can find the mods & private message the one of your choice:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=52
Goodluck and fill me in if you make any progess.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:00:49 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline grayAnimus

• Curious Wanderer
  • STONE PIZZA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 01:55:23 am »
I think that maybe my computer just can't handle the game or something. It worked before on this same computer, so I'm really confused.
I reset my characters' locations (and also fixed my video settings, the rendering subsystem, etc.), but I got the "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working" message for both of my characters.
Is the default location Bonfire Island? Because maybe large numbers of players in a specific location I'm trying to enter keeps me from getting into the game.
I'll be sure to give the link of this thread to a moderator if necessary when contacting them. :3 I might have to do that if no one suggests anything else... >.<
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:57:55 am by Banna »
ilu

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 02:06:33 am »
Ever since the last update last year I believe Lonely Cave is the default map now. Sorry to hear all that still didn't work. At least on the plus side you say the game used to work on the same pc so there's a high chance it will work again once we figure out the cause of the problem and the solution. I wish you the best getting it sorted out with a mod and I'm sorry nothing I suggested worked.

Offline grayAnimus

• Curious Wanderer
  • STONE PIZZA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:54 pm »
I'm going to contact a moderator. Thank you again for all of your help.
I would give you floof, but I don't think I'm allowed to yet. lol
ilu