Author Topic: *takes screenshot* NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! FERAL HEART STOPPED WORKING! :o  (Read 6521 times)

Offline lilili123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will always have fun!
    • View Profile
Ok, idk why this happens, but I play feralheart. it's all fine until I want to take a screenshot.  Then feralheart goes a faded white and a box comes up saying " Feralheart.exe has stopped working. Checking for solutions..." then when it's done it says " The computer with notify you when there are results. " then it never gives me results. Why does feralheart suddenly stop working when I take a screenshot?
~ lilili123 ~

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: *takes screenshot* NUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! FERAL HEART STOPPED WORKING! :o
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:07:49 am »
I'm not sure if this would work or not. You could try switching your Rendering System to Direct3D. Options>> Video>> Rendering System then restarting the game.

If that fails all I can suggest is deleting the Feralheart folder then re-downloading the game setup again. Be sure to create a back up folder for downloaded maps/meshes/presets etc if you don't want them to be deleted :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 05:51:46 am »
Perhaps your computer isn't capable of running such high amout of frequency. Cause when you are taking a snapshot, it pauses the game and takes the picture. I would at least try to chance your settings from Open to Direct if it isn't already on that setting.

I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 04:28:11 pm »
Probably, if you have FeralHeart installed in another path diferent than C:\Feralheart\, like in Program Files in windows vista/7/8, it is well known to cause problems of diferent kinds, because in these versions of windows, the real path name is diferent than the one shown.

Offline lilili123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I will always have fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 02:23:25 am »
it's on Direct already and it's in  the C:\feralheart\ thingy. hmm, my father owns this computer and refuses the update. Maybe he'll download the update for the computer and I'll get it to work.
~ lilili123 ~

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 03:28:14 am »
Since i have no idea of whats the problem, i would install a screenshot taker program and to disable the capture screen hotkey of FH.
I know that Fraps can take screenshots, but it does them in BMP format ( big file sizes) , im sure there are better programs to take screenshots, but i dont remember anyone now. Go  and search on the internet for a screenshot program.

edit: also try to run FH as administrator, right click on FH icon and click "run as administrator".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:31:42 am by Thierry »

Offline Tokoa

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Orange.
    • View Profile
    • http://tokoas.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 04:25:21 am »

And if none of that works I would try to remove any trace of FeralHeart on the computer. (Keep any stuff like presets and maps that you download separately.) Then I would download FeralHeart again and see how that turns out.
This happened to me before but it fixed its self so I don't really know much on how to help it.

Icon by Aveo and sig by WingsandFeathers on DeviantArt.