Author Topic: Yellow & Black Lines? [Fixed - Please Lock]  (Read 2135 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Yellow & Black Lines? [Fixed - Please Lock]
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:03:29 pm »
So I was looking at the map section, and I happened to find this nice-looking map someone made. It was for download so I downloaded it. Her instruction for placing the files in the folders were confusing, but I managed to place them in the correct files - I hoped. Anyway, so I felt like making another map so I launched Feral Heart and headed into the map maker. But when you usually open the Map Maker tool, African Plain grass land appears as your ground. But when I opened Map Maker, instead of Afraican Plain grass, black and yellow lines appeared. So I was like: What? o.o

So later today, I went on Object Maker and I uploaded the cave mesh, wanting to change the texture of the cave. But when I tried to change it by typing in the material, black and yellow lines appeared again. And so I got frustrated and I tried to delete the files, but it stilled appeared.

Some screenshots:

When I enter Map Maker

The ones with the "(2)" at the end - they weren't suppose to be there. When I click that the black and yellow lines appear.

Object Maker. So I'm comparing the two caves. The black and yellow one with lines are the one I typed into the material box: Darkgreengrass. This is what I got.

So, I have no idea what to do - I deleted the files (as said) for the one I downloaded, but it's still here. I'm not sure what I should do or what can I do. Any suggestions? Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:13:00 am by OreoHeroz »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Yellow & Black Lines?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:13:17 pm »
I'm not too experienced when it comes to this kind of problem but my guess is that you should check the material file of the object and make sure that the area of coding that corresponds to the texture is written correctly. As for the terrain double check the texture files in the textures folder perhaps.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 02:18:34 pm »
I'll try but I still need a way to get rid of the black and yellow lines. However, thanks.

Offline Alliegant

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Time waits for no one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 02:24:49 pm »
.I am not sure if I am right.Do you changed the texture somehow,and they just derped?Or,do you retextured or changed the mat file?
Hmm,you will better reinstall.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 02:28:30 pm »
I'm not too experienced when it comes to this kind of problem but my guess is that you should check the material file of the object and make sure that the area of coding that corresponds to the texture is written correctly. As for the terrain double check the texture files in the textures folder perhaps.
The object the black and yellow lines always appear for every object.

but for the terrain I checked the textures folder and noticed for the notepad (for the textures) a copy of the regular one. I deleted and I think that is what caused it...no, it's still there just checked it.

It's not series it's just bugging me. I still have the regular textures for the terrains though.

.I am not sure if I am right.Do you changed the texture somehow,and they just derped?Or,do you retextured or changed the mat file?
Hmm,you will better reinstall.

I didn't touch or change the files...I don't think.

Hmm. I'm not sure about installing it again but I'll try. As said, it's not much of a problem for the map, just annoying. But for the object - yes - something's wrong with it.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 03:01:45 pm »
Usually the black and yellow texture means you are missing a file or a file has been corrupted.
Are you sure you have all the needed textures in your Media>Terrain folder?
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 03:04:00 pm »
Well right now I have tried installing Feral Heart again, but an error has occurred and i"m currently trying the Torrent download. however, another error occurred so I'm fixing it. But I will try looking into the Textures folder once I launch Feral Heart again.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »
When you are trying to install your game again, make sure you delete the old FH folder so there is no trace of it in your Local (C:) drive. If you still have your old FH folder there, then it won't work at all
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 04:55:43 pm »
Usually the yellow and black lines appear as an error in OpenGL.
Try going to Options>Video>Rendering Subsystem and switching to Direct3D9. c:

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 04:57:44 pm »
Well I installed Feral Heart and luckily the yellow and black lines disappeared. Unfortunately, the maps I had worked on the best are erased, and so are my presets. But that's alright - I can always retry and improve on my maps and all.

Thank you all for your help. ^^ I appreciate it. +floof