Author Topic: Don't know what to call this glitch  (Read 5544 times)

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Don't know what to call this glitch
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 08:10:08 am »
Thank you two for helping and giving suggestions <3
I'm going to try changing the FeralHeart skin, as I've been wanting to do it for a while. If it helps out, I'll tell you guys.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2015, 08:22:19 am »
Alright then my dear.
I hope that will fix your little problem. If not you always know where to go for possible answers. ^^

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 05:28:58 am »
That one didn't work either D:
I'm open to all suggestions right now.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 08:39:11 am »
These kinda problems can occur with laptops Rizzo. Sad but true.
Even my powerful laptop which was made for gaming struggles sometimes with certain games including FH.

The problem could be that your laptop is overheating. Do you check to see you laptop doesn't get too hot while using FH? The best way to do that is just feel around with your hand underneath. You may just need to get a laptop cooler fan or something to increase the ventilation so that your laptop can at least run normally when running this game. Have you tried running this game on your old computer?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:40:44 am by Raphilion »

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 04:35:06 am »
Thank you for the help Raphilion <3 Hearing this news makes me sad, but I'm glad we can atleast run this game and perform somewhat 'normally.'

Checking under my laptop now, it is a normal warm for a laptop that has been running for the last few hours. I don't normally check the heat of the underside of the laptop, but due to fears that overheating could ruin my laptop (I come from a computer-wise family and was instructed on laptop care by one of my many cousins, who also liked to mess with me) , I always make sure I have it propped up with nothing obscuring the fans or anything needed for proper ventilation. My previous laptop, before my currently new one, would unfortunately grow hot very quickly due to problems with the fans and required constant ventilation. I didn't have a cooler fan for this, as they are expensive here, but I found no problems with FeralHeart on that laptop.
 I would try to run the game with the newest update on my old computer, but unfortunately last year it died on us. Back when I would run it on the computer, it was slow at first but it didn't hinder my playing of the game and the only problem I had was when I had to reinstall FH for a reason I cannot remember.

Thierry

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 06:21:40 am »
This problem is most likely a graphics card driver problem since meshes are going even over the GUI, not textures missing nor the installation of the game. I had the same problem before with my Acer laptop and i could never fix it.

When a laptop model is too "new", even updated drivers may come buggy and the only thing you can do its to as for help on Toshiba's tecnical support or the forum and to hope they will do a fix for the next driver update or to find out a workaround. This can take months and sometimes never fixed like it happened with my Acer laptop.

Keep us informed about any fix you may encounter.

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2015, 11:12:02 pm »

I feel like FeralHeart is just messing with me now.

Offline RussetRice

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 05:45:20 am »
*Text now likes to sometimes overlap each other in the chat box, yay, but shifting the chatbox size around sometimes helps relieve that. So I guess that's a fix for one problem.