Author Topic: Yellow and Black  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Yellow and Black
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:26:48 pm »
I downloaded the Mass Marking Pack by XxWhiteshadow96Xx, and this happened to my entire game: http://prntscr.com/7babkf. Please help! I already deleted the files but I did replace the .cfg.

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: Yellow and Black
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 10:38:33 pm »
Sorry the other link I posted didn't work. Here's one that does: http://prntscr.com/7bagsl

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:52:02 pm »
I'll post this quote from Red:

Yellow and black stripey ground texture means it's a "missing texture". As you said yourself a misplaced or removed file.

If the game cannot find the texture it's looking for, it will replace it with this yellow and black texture for whatever it's missing one for. You really should be careful and remember where you move things and not click around too much.

If you are unable to find where you moved these files to, or if they are in your recycle bin for you to restore the items removed, since you already know it's the ground texture, I'd suggest following:

Install another copy of feralheart on your desktop or in a custom path like C:\Backupferalheart\FeralHeart temporarily. Find your way into the game folder of the new backup feralheart you installed and go into media\terrains\textures until you see all the ground textures.

Once you're there copy ALL the content inside of the folder. Go back to your original FeralHeart game(most likely installed in C:\FeralHeart, go into it's media\terrains\textures and then PASTE the textures you got from the new game. It will put in any missing textures that way.

This way if you have any custom mods or textures anyplace else you don't need to redownload them in a new game, just fix your first issue, however if these instructions are too hard to follow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just re-install your game, remove the game from C:\FeralHeart, then install a new game again.

Hope that helps. Keep in mind this doesn't just apply to ground textures as mentioned but also any missing textures.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:57:15 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:55:30 pm »
Thank you!

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 10:58:16 pm »
Odd thing is its already there but doesn't work...hm
http://prntscr.com/7baoig

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 11:05:59 pm »
Here's an image of two of the same files, but they are in different locations. I have no idea which one is the actual one.

http://prntscr.com/7baqqi

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 11:06:23 pm »
Just reinstall over your current game hun and if that doesn't work you may have to uninstall your game then delete the Feral Heart folder and reinstall again.

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 11:07:02 pm »
Okay, thanks again.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 11:11:15 pm »
No problem. Just let me know how it works out.

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 11:33:24 pm »
I forgot to do the backup thing, the old folder of the old game is still existing and I cannot find the new FH folder, but the game is working fine. However I do need the items out of the old one to put into the new. How do I send you a floof?