Author Topic: Game crashing?  (Read 1466 times)

Offline _eden_

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • y'all stanky
    • meowtain-dew
    • View Profile
Game crashing?
« on: July 12, 2015, 11:18:52 pm »
So I'm apart of an RP, one where I am an administrator. For a while, and still currently, all my maps were in working condition until a glitched mesh forced me to reinstall FH (it literally bugged my game entirely.) So, after reinstalling everything -minus that mesh- I downloaded the map again and tried entering it, only to have it crash the game on me! Confused, I kept trying to get in, only to have it crash over and over. So, I deleted all my exports and reinstalled the map several times. Nothing worked, so I restarted my computer twice... nope.

Eventually, I thought maybe FeralHeart had something to do with it, so I reinstalled it again, and it didn't fix the problem. I even tested the problem by going into other maps including my own and found that all of them were in working order. I doubt it's a corrupted file within the downloaded folder, since it works perfect for everybody else who's joined since then. My computer had handled the map perfect before, it only happened after I reinstalled the game. So, anybody have an idea what could be wrong? If so, I'd love to hear even some suggestions.

Aicosu125

Re: Game crashing?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 11:35:26 pm »
You may be missing a file or something from the map download. Possibly try looking at the files and placing them in their certain areas carefully. Make sure you do not misplace any. This is all I can really think of that is wrong. Hope you find a solution to your problem! :)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 12:19:41 am »
Aicosu mentioned above the possibility of a missing file, which could be the case. Check to make sure you don't have any duplicate files either- that can cause the game to crash. Also, if the said mesh has given you trouble in the past, I would suggest removing it.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline _eden_

• Forum Newcomer
  • y'all stanky
    • meowtain-dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:16:37 pm »
I've checked the files, no .fh_ objects are missing, and the corrupted mesh has since been removed. It still won't work for me, and we're (the people who are assisting me beyond the forums) out of ideas.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 02:09:55 pm »
It's possible that a weather file or an object issue is causing it. Go to your FeralHeart folder, then to exports, and see if you can find any .fhw files.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 07:44:42 pm »
It might not be a object/mesh that is making your game crash. As said above, try looking through all the files for the map(s) and slowly delete the files/move the files into another file that will not effect FH if it isn't what is causing the problem. While that might take forever, it should fix it! I suggest starting in the object file with this tutorial. If it works, quote me and say something!

Offline _eden_

• Forum Newcomer
  • y'all stanky
    • meowtain-dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:42 pm »
It might not be a object/mesh that is making your game crash. As said above, try looking through all the files for the map(s) and slowly delete the files/move the files into another file that will not effect FH if it isn't what is causing the problem. While that might take forever, it should fix it! I suggest starting in the object file with this tutorial. If it works, quote me and say something!
Unfortunately no, it didn't work. I'm going to have to go with the assumption that it is a fault with my computer, since I redownloaded everything onto my older laptop as a test and it all worked perfectly fine. For now I'm just going to use that laptop, but I really appreciate the suggestions!