Author Topic: Questions about the furry fandom answered!  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
Questions about the furry fandom answered!
« on: April 19, 2012, 08:34:18 pm »
...to the best of my ability, anyways.

This may even be a redundant question on FeralHeart, but even if it is, maybe we can answer this question for everyone else through discussion: what does it mean to be a furry?

Feel free to ask anything about the furry fandom!
Fire away!

CloudFish

Re: Questions about the furry fandom answered!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »
I've actually no idea what a furry is. And for the sake of this thread, and my dignity, I refuse to Google it. So, Aberguine, what is a furry?

Offline Aberguine

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • <'}}}><{
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about the furry fandom answered!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:00:41 am »
To put it simply as I possibly can, a furry is a person who, for many of various possible reasons, feels a strong affinity towards a certain non-human animal species and usually that they are somewhat more animal than human. There are many extremes to this, but that's the simplest answer I can come up with.

Often, one who calls themself furry has a "fursona," a fictional representation of themself, most commonly an anthropomorphic (or human-like with animal qualities) character. I wouldn't necessarily go as far as to exclude those who tend towards a feral-sona, but in my mind, it's usually an anthro character.

It might be a good thing that you're somewhat hesitant about googling it; much of the outside view of furries isn't necessarily positive. (see the CSI episode (fur and loathing) to get what I mean)