Author Topic: GIMP Help  (Read 2837 times)

allielllow

Re: GIMP Help
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 12:20:05 am »
What's the alpha channel? Besides that, all of those things are correct.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 12:27:16 am »
You add an alpha channel when you want to enable transparency for multiple layers. I've had plenty of trouble with terrains before, but I am quite certain it is one of those three issues that will be the solution to your problem. If you tried picking grey scale colours for the picture, but not changed the picture settings, that could be the problem. Also check to make sure it is 513x513 in file settings as well.

allielllow

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 12:28:35 am »
I will. And for the record, my mask is working just fine.

Offline jclucy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I <3 Canines
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 12:36:29 am »
Not to bumb you out of place, but this question should be on help section, or on GIMP forums. FeralHeart site is not a place to put issues with GIMP. Please sign up on Gimps forums and post your question there. thank you. Just a reminder.

allielllow

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 01:20:18 am »
Sorry but this isn't a problem with GIMP anymore. I just thought that it would be better to ask another question in here then start a whole new topic. And by the way, everything is correct on my terrain, but it's still not loading.

Offline littlepinksprite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 01:27:40 am »
Is it still crashing, or is it just not accepting it. If it crashing it is a problem with the file, if it is just not accepting it, the file is either in the incorrect place or you typed the name in differently than it wanted you to.

allielllow

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 02:18:05 am »
Sometimes it crashes and other times it freezes. I don't know why I'm doing wrong. It's a png file, it's 513 x 513, its in grayscale, and it's saved int the terrains folder of FeralHeart.

allielllow

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 03:36:48 am »
I  figured out the problem but unfortunately there is no way to fix it. Paintbrush doesn't have a way to set grayscale.

Offline Pakhet

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • Forbbiden Lands forum - (c) CloudFish
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 04:11:48 am »
Photoshop elements is what I use. It works fine and is easy enough to understand. May as well say that masks have never worked for me. And also, I'd recommend that you edit someone else's height map, since they'll have everything set right already.

allielllow

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2012, 04:13:59 am »
But I really just want to get GIMP to work on my computer. I have a bunch of ideas for maps so I don't want to have to work off someone else's. I just wish I could figure out why GIMP won't load.