Author Topic: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?  (Read 26061 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Why is everyone so negative against Warrior Cats?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 11:32:47 pm »
I understand what all of you are saying, though it just makes me angry and very put down when people judge my Warriors Role Play off of what the mappless Warriors do. I have even had some cases of people (mostly wolves) scaring off my brand new members I spent a lot of time and effort advertising for. Now I'm not trying to say wolves are bad and mean for scaring off my members it's just over the time I have seen that lions and other feline species deal/cope with it a lot better than the canines. I am not just an all Warriors Role Player, I have canines and felines alike. I just want to know why tth people judge before they know

That's sad to hear.
Like some of the people posted on here, most of these Warrior roleplayers powerplay and map-claim. NOT every Warrior roleplayer does that, I've met some good ones and we are good friends.

I think some of these people say such things about Warriors based upon some bad experiences they had when they encountered hostile Warrior RPers.When I was new here to Feral Heart, I ran into some Warrior cat roleplayers while I was on my first fox character. Back then, I knew nothing about the Warriors series so I didn't know what to expect. They all started attacking me, trying to claw my eyes out and tear my head off. Me being new, I didn't know what the heck was going on! I asked them "Why are you attacking me? What did I do wrong?" One of them said, "You steal our kittens, you steal our food, and you stink to high Heaven! Get out of our territory or we WILL KILL YOU!" So I high-tailed it out of there and after that, I didn't want to go anywhere near another clan. Later, I asked a friend about why the clan cats attacked me like that and she told me what foxes were like to clan cats in the books. So I found out they were just going by the books.
Eventually, I started participating in Warrior RPs, just to learn more about Warriors. I found a nice active clan to be with and made some nice RP friends. I watched how they would roleplay as Warrior cats and pretty much learned all about Warriors through watching them. I really enjoyed roleplaying as a warrior cat with this clan, and we still roleplay and derp around with each other today.

I too participate in Warrior RPs. I have three different warrior characters for three different Warrior RPs. Believe it or not, some of my characters get put down by others because of what their names are.
For example, I have a Warrior leader named Pharaohstar, and he leads PapyrusClan. I've had people constantly come up to me and tell me that warriors would know nothing about Ancient Egypt and that my RP clan was a total fail! They also said that cats wouldn't know anything about papyrus scrolls, and I tell them "The clan was named after the papyrus PLANT, not the paper!" Before the papyrus became a paper scroll, it was a plant that grew along the Nile River. A papyrus plant is something that can be found in nature, right? So why question whether it's a suiting name for a clan or not?
And then there is Pharaohstar. His name got alot of thumbs down from some die-hard Warrior fans. It's MY character, I can name him whatever I want! Yes his name isn't very realistic and wouldn't go by the books. But I chose that name for him and the clan name because NO ONE else had made a clan called PapyrusClan. NO ONE else had a leader called Pharaohstar.... so both names were up for grabs. They are unique, and I like unique. People assume that just because they have Egyptian based names, my clan and RP isn't realistic. WRONG! My clan functions like any other clan. We do our little apprentice and warrior ceremonies like any other clan does. We have ranks and patrols like any other clan does. The only thing that makes PapyrusClan different from the other clans is their ties to Ancient Egypt, since many of the members are direct descendants from the temple cats of Egypt. After all, cats play an important role in history when it comes to Ancient Egypt. The Egyptians were the ones to domesticate the small wild felines of Africa, and turn them into the loveable pets we have today.  :D

So to answer your question, NO I do NOT hate the Warriors. Just because I posted those topics of "Lion-Sized Warrior Cats?" or "Not Every Fox is "Evil": Warrior RPers Get Too Carried Away" it doesn't mean that I hate them! I just state my own opinions and want to hear what everyone else has to say about it. I like hearing other peoples opinions. I don't want you to think that I hate Warriors and hate people who roleplay as warriors, because I don't! I participate in Warrior roleplays too.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:35:09 pm by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive

MyDarkSide13

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 11:47:31 pm »
I didn't make this thread because of the lion-sized thing, just so you know, I made it because my friend IRL called me and told me his experience in Fluorite. (just wanted to make sure you knew that it wasnt you who made me start this thread ^^)

BouncyLion101

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 12:11:32 am »
The negativity and general idea of Warrior Cats is a little unfair. There may be a lot of younger players and new players that probably don't have a lot of experience in roleplaying in Warrior Cat clans.
But there's also very literate clans out there. They mainly hide in mapped roleplays, and so mainly people see the other Warrior Cat clans instead of the literate and mapped ones.

I was in some Warrior Cat roleplays myself when I was new to the game.
The roleplays that I remember did not leave a good experience...but back then I was a nub and wouldn't be accepted in more literate roleplays.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 12:23:20 am »
I didn't make this thread because of the lion-sized thing, just so you know, I made it because my friend IRL called me and told me his experience in Fluorite. (just wanted to make sure you knew that it wasnt you who made me start this thread ^^)

Okay great! ^^ I didn't want you to get the wrong impression of me, or form any hard feelings. I can understand how you feel about all this. This is like me being upset and some Warrior roleplayers who automatically think my fox characters are evil, kit-killing. wicked beasts. It's not true. NONE of my fox characters are like the foxes of the books. They are just normal, friendly little foxes that like a little andventure and a little mischeif.
And like I said before, I have been judged by some Warrior roleplayers all because of some new and unpredictalbe ideas I put into my Warrior roleplays.
Inactive

MyDarkSide13

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 12:48:40 am »
About the fox thing, I understand you there. When I was 10 we lived were a lot of red foxes populated the area. Well I ended up finding three abandoned fox pups. My cat, Mama Socks, had just lost a litter of kittens and took the fox pups in as her own as she was still mourning for her dead kittens. We raised the pups with the help of my cat. Now she was not the motherly type of cat, she was pretty aggressive but after loosing her first litter of kits I think she saw the abandoned fox pups as a second chance. As for the creative ideas, you should be proud that you express yourself. The ancient egypt thing isnt that far off from realistic as cats were a big part in the way they lived. Your Role Play just takes part in a different area of the world.

Offline Hotdogsrule

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • i eat cereal at 6 pm
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 01:37:43 am »
We can all blame it on those illiterate FP springups. They brought up the stereotype we all have towards warrior cat RPs. When someone thinks "Mapless Warrior Cat RP", most of us think of powerplaying, godmodding, unrealisitc, megasized cats with ridiculous names like "Mammothheart".
   Generally, it's necessary they be a /little/ unproportional or you wouldn't be able to tell adult from kit, but lion sized domestic cats aren't the solution... e,e

bork
(i don't even like hotdogs)

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 01:46:29 am »
I'm not going to read all comments. xD Noooo...
I don't /hate/ warriors, I just happen to dislike how they roleplay. Apprentices, 'warriors, queens? Yeah. Sometimes it's not the warrior that makes me blow a fuse, it clans themselves. Clans well known around Flourite. (You know.)
Now, what everyone seems to assume is warriors are the only ones that powerplay... They're not the only ones! If you haven't seen other kinds of roleplays powerplay, then I deem you braindead. Yep. Honestly, not all warriors are powerplaying, but I just don't like the customs they follow. I have warriors myself, and sometimes, I break the 'warrior cat code' or something like that..

Now, I don't take things so literally like some people and require or 'devote' themselves to sticking by the WC books. Guess how many I've read? One. One... and I know somewhat of the WC RP.
Everyone is always like, "Ehh... the only reason we hate them is because they 'powerplay'." Uh, not all of them.
"Oohh.. they are so annoying." Your proof? I don't see them annoying.
"They've dominated Flourite... and lag the map with their battles." B-- Actually, I agree with that one. Mainly because I've made a topic of evil clans and battles. That's another reason I'm not fond of them. Attempting to make drama by making alliances with other clans and making 'wars'.

People run around saying WC has 'taken' over FP, and there isn't a day someone complains about not finding a wolf or lion RP. Now, I disagree with the topic a little. 'Everyone'? Oh ho ho, no. Not everyone is negative against Warriors if they're so popular and happen to be 'taking' over FP with their numbers. Honestly, I don't care if they're taking over, just means to keep an eye out for a roleplay that satisfies me.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 04:38:38 pm »
I love the warrior cat books but I tend to stay clear with warrior cat players.  I do not hate them and I do not think they all are bad.  But there is a lot of people who play as warrior cats that are 'evil', powerplayer, god-mods and map claimers.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 05:10:22 pm »
To add my side of the coin, even though the majority of you guys really mentioned most of the important parts of why some users actually might look down on warrior cats.

The negatives usually weigh more than the positives, and as shown above in the comments there's quite a few reasons why some people might dislike or have problems taking some warrior cats or roleplays seriously. But I got to admit, the age group and users "usually"(not always) roleplay as warrior cats might not have a top notch behavior towards other users and players, including things like powerplaying, god modding, land claiming, and spammy caps ads, but to be fair from what I can see, there's also another group of roleplay that gets even more bashed upon sometimes, which is the poor Lion king roleplayers in bonfire which even sometimes seem to make other members bash the whole Lion image inside of the game.

Even though there can exist some really wonderful and nice group, one incident or issue can cause a player to look down upon the whole group really and this doesn't go only for warrior cats, sadly though many of the times we cannot really say that these user are completely lying though since there is a good majority that simply hasn't learned to behave at their best towards other users. Keep a note that I am trying to keep perfect literacy out of this picture since I honestly don't see it as a reason to nudge a certain usergroup aside.

My personal deal I have with warrior cats from my own experiences is really that a good amount of these players are very territory problematic and hostile towards other characters and players, and instead of keeping things well structure within the roleplay they go straight out on the players and attack them even though the rules are very clear regarding public maps, even encountered several times warrior cat leaders running up to you and yelling at the clan to block the "stupid lion", and overall encourage bad behavior and rudeness towards the users in the game, something I cannot tolerate.

And character wise it does feel a bit weird when these kitties run around just as big as a full grown lion or wolf even, there's many sizes you can make a character, and even though the world is indeed big and completely out of proportion, compared to the majority of the characters they don't need to be that big, but this is nothing that really makes me dislike the warrior cats, it's just a little thing I can see a tad bit derp.

But yes, not all warrior cats are bad, but just as people can have a go at the hetalia roleplayers in ascension, the lion king roleplayers in bonfire, the fight dogs in ficho or in general any sort of usergroup doesn't really have to be roleplaying either, they are negative towards warrior cats. To be fair, many of the players in the game are just not respectful and considerate enough to get along which is a shame. The game and maps is really a "sharing is caring" situation, so if every player could just loosen up a bit it wouldn't nearly as bad for everyone.

Maybe the question can be, why is everyone so negative?
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Genesis9

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • Doubt the stars are fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 09:09:06 pm »
I have tried...so hard, to like Warrior Cats. But it seems to me now that I can't even remember a positive experience with them during this game, it's just one disappointment after another, not only with mapless Warrior role plays, but more surprisingly with mapped WC groups. Just as a disclaimer before I get into it, I understand that not every warrior cat role player is rude or illiterate, but it seems that the vast majority of these players are unfortunately just that. And it seems to be getting worse as more and more WC's are starting to appear in Feral Heart.

For example, whenever I've joined a Warrior Cat rp, i've been so overwhelmed by the excessive use of bad and inappropriate language that i've been forced to leave the groups. Normally within an hour or less of joining, it gets that bad. I don't understand it. On the outside, I'll approach a group that seems friendly and literate, along with the fact that they're boasting a large and beautiful map, which attracts me because I love exploring new maps. I'll send in my rp sample, and as soon as I've joined them someone will immediately drop the f bomb and it will just be an unending torrent of horribly inappropriate jokes and an onslaught of profanity that I just cannot tolerate. At first I thought maybe I'm just getting unlucky. But I joined three different Warrior cat rps between yesterday and today, trying to find a nice group for my cat Maplesky, and every single one had this problem. I just couldn't believe it. Granted, there were one or two very friendly people in the rp's, but it seems to me that they just smiled and kept their silence as their more vocal clan mates just trolled on and spammed the group chat so much I wanted to just shout at them to be quiet. Perhaps you have to 'overlook' some of the more vulgar behavior to get by in a WC rp, but that kind of role play environment is just not for me. A lot of you might suggest 'well why didn't you just turn off your Group Chat?" I could have, to be sure, but getting along with a group and talking to them OOC is makes the RP worth coming back to if you can make friends with the other players in your group. Having a good community that makes you feel safe and comfortable is worth everything to me when I join a new group, and sadly I'm seeing less and less of that in a lot of rp's that I join.

There's also the problem, as Lady Alizarin mentioned above, about how strict some warrior cats can be. Particularly with the names. I once had a cat character that I absolutely adored named Winterheart, but whenever I tried to get her into a group, every time she was rejected because of her name. They would say things like 'Warrior cats called Winter time 'Leaf bare' so we wouldn't know what Winter is. I know that was in the books, but if you took that logic further, that would mean they wouldn't know what the word 'Fox' meant, or River, or Sky, or practically every single english word in the dictionary, because all of those are names /humans/ gave to the animals and objects in the world. I also find it really frustrating when I do have to change my name and after I join I find myself scrolling through the members list and picking out names like "Wraithspirit" and "Obsidianpaw".

Another thing that I absolutely could not stand about being in those warrior cat rps was their apparent infatuation with mating and having kits. Seriously, when I joined the last group before I called it quits, from the moment I was accepted to the moment I quit, the entire group was talking about how this one cat *FakeName* was going to mate with an apprentice. And then they actually did it. I was disgusted to say the least, not to mention they KEPT bringing it up. Literally the female apprentice continuously said just horrible things like "She wobbled around feeling dizzy and had to lie down" and other things like that, while in tandem going about in group chat saying "Oh, *FakeName* banged me, did you know that?"

Then it got worse. Everyone started making rape jokes. She said she was 'raped' by the male. And that she liked it. And everyone was laughing and making it seem like it was oh so funny. I couldn't hold my tongue after that. I felt sick, I felt humiliated to even be in a group that would make something as serious as rape as a joke. And I told them so. But they didn't seem to really realize the weight of their words and brushed it off. The apprentice said something along the lines of "Oh, I didn't make a joke about that...I mean I didn't mean to." and everyone was all "Ah, we know you didn't mean it." And it was just...awful. I left after that.

I really wish that Warrior Cat rp's were not like this. A while ago when they first started appearing, I hadn't even read the books but it sounded interesting and I joined a few rp's that didn't last very long but were enjoyable enough. They motivated me to read the first few WC books and I liked them. But after seeing this absolutely unacceptable behavior again, and again, and again, I cannot tolerate Warrior Cats and their Rp's in Feral Heart anymore. Let it be noted that i've never joined another type of Rp group that acted this horribly. There are just too many unsightly players that think it's okay to make vulgar jokes and act in just the rudest way possible, while the nice players just smile thinly and say nothing so they won't get kicked out. (This is a little off topic, but I also cannot stand RP's that never seem to take anything seriously. When a joke goes too far and I say something about it, like asking them to stop, everyone seems to get so /offended/. Why can't people just accept that sometimes enough is enough?)

If that's what it takes to tolerate Warrior Cats in Feral Heart, then it's not for me. And I know that I'll probably get some hate for this, but there is no love for that type of roleplay left in my heart anymore, and I will never join a WC rp again.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.