Author Topic: "Beautiful" Characters: Everyone Has Different Tastes  (Read 21431 times)

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: "Beautiful" Characters: Everyone Has Different Tastes
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2013, 04:32:32 am »
@Raxoremys: Gah, I'm the same way... and I, too, feel like kind of a terrible person for it. XD For some reason I judge people with default coloured noses, especially canines/those with dark pelts. Which is ridiculous, because I've known awesome people and awesome RPers who leave the nose default/have character designs I personally might not have gone with. I'unno. Maybe it's just human nature to judge.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 01:09:24 am »
@Raxoremys: Gah, I'm the same way... and I, too, feel like kind of a terrible person for it. XD For some reason I judge people with default coloured noses, especially canines/those with dark pelts. Which is ridiculous, because I've known awesome people and awesome RPers who leave the nose default/have character designs I personally might not have gone with. I'unno. Maybe it's just human nature to judge.

Yep. That's human nature alright. Come to think of it, I sometimes frown upon those who don't bother to change the default nose color. So don't feel bad, Tearless. You're not the only one.

Also, I caught a glimps of one of those self proclaimed "sexy" characters. Here is a screenshot I took of one. The character looks nice, but I don't see it as sexy. Do you?

Inactive

BouncyLion101

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 02:34:01 am »

Also, I caught a glimps of one of those self proclaimed "sexy" characters. Here is a screenshot I took of one. The character looks nice, but I don't see it as sexy. Do you?

Wow. I have no words.
Oh dear...

It was probably created by a more younger player that wanted attention. I don't know. e.e
But why would they even put sexy in the char's tag in the first place because everyone has different opinions on what sexy is?
It's like they're wanting to force people into thinking their character is good looking.
No offense to the person that created that character but I do not like how they put the word sexy in the character's tag. :I

Offline kiarasBFF98

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Formerly KiarasBFF
    • View Profile
    • My dA
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2013, 03:41:59 am »
Very nice post, Ali. I agree with all of you, and what you have to say. The quote"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." is so true. and heehee, I see Jay lying down next to Pharaohstar.

Stunning avatar gift from my dear friend, Fao.

BlackHolesAndRevelations

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »
I relate it to humans; Some people think the whole short dress, long straight hair, fake lashes and lonh tan legs are beautiful, and although they may be pretty, I think that a girl with messy hair, mascara and paint splattered clothes working on a canvas is gorgeous. I love tattoos and piercings and the alternative people. I love originality, and people who know how to stand out and make a statement are beautiful to me.

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2013, 05:52:51 am »
I know one thing for certain...
Bios are beautiful things to have. :D
(Every single one of my characters has at least one word in it's bio)

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 01:26:14 am »
I agree with you Lady

Since Im a very realistic, I would think a neon or Rainbow cat or dog isnt very good looking or a charater with a big green bubble over them, I wouldnt be so impressed. Though, yes I have some unrealistic cats in-game I try not to bring them near my little realistic friends ^.^

As what the forum was about with the "Micana Pretty lioness" thing, I have to say this happens all the time. Mostly in the mate center. I have played as the 'mate center' lots of times and It sucks when no one likes your charater and your stuck there for about a hour waiting for your name to be called and some one to walk up and say "Ill be your mate", Im guessing thats why people put "Wonderful, Sexy, Pretty, Awesome etc" after there name, to make there charater seem more attactive though I think its pretty annoying when people do that but  ~That a just be me ^.^~. I also think that The people that put the quotes after there charater name is because they are younger players. (Because I was once that idiot that was the trolling rainbow 2-3 years ago XD)
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline ::BarkingHowl::

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • proud bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2013, 06:55:44 am »
I agree totally. When people add 'hot' 'sexy' to their nametag, it generally annoys me. It's like saying.. I'm so hot and you must agree. Everyone has different tastes, like some people don't like sparkle wolves. Your own characters are your own characters, and I think It's wrong for people to go and laugh at them. Take my main OC Zayelphi for example.

She's not 'perfect', and she will never be. I've had nice comments about her, and nasty comments. I don't care if people hate my characters, that's their problem, not mine. c:

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2013, 06:32:07 pm »
I agree totally. When people add 'hot' 'sexy' to their nametag, it generally annoys me. It's like saying.. I'm so hot and you must agree. Everyone has different tastes, like some people don't like sparkle wolves. Your own characters are your own characters, and I think It's wrong for people to go and laugh at them.

Ain't that the truth. Not everyone is going to agree. You could ask 50 people and get 50 different answers on what they think.

I found another "beautiful" character out on stone bridge a few weeks ago.

It's not a bad character design, but I don't know if I would call it beautiful. It's just not in my taste. -shrug-  :-\
Inactive

Offline Splatterz

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Lion King is my lurf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 02:22:52 am »

I don't think my character is a goddess or anything special, but she resembles me in real life so that's why I like being on her. c: I think as long as you're happy with how you look, that's all that really matters.

art by moi //