Author Topic: Is this really the end? || The Last Of Us [Inactive since 19/07/2013]  (Read 9463 times)

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Joel looked over his shoulder to reply to Tommy, a serious look on his face; although it didn't take away the bitter sadness in his eyes. He'd lied to Ellie- and to make matters worse, twice! Giving his little brother the 'I'll explain later,' glance, he sighed and turned around to face her. "I'll be right back. Try and stay out of trouble, will you?" Joel responded to a few seconds of silence, walking out of the cafeteria and beckoning Tommy to follow. Making his way throughout the maze-like walls of the camp, he finally ended up in a place where it wasn't crowded with horses or people chatting. "Tommy, they were going to kill Ellie and make a vaccine to cure the infected and wounded," Joel said bitterly, not looking in his little brother's eyes. After a moment of silence, he looked into his eyes and responded with, "I killed Marlene to save her."he spluttered, a cough following along as he turned around and looked away. Shaking his head, he spluttered again and stood on the edge of a risen story. "I've already lost my Sarah; I'm not going to lose Ellie."

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
"Yah, yah" Ellie's voiced cracked, she watched as Joel and Tommy walked off, and began to shuffle through her bag again. She had wondered where they went off to, but like Joel said, 'stay out of trouble.' Mumbling, Ellie rested on her left hand, and tapped the table with the right,"Stay out of trouble, blah." (Short)

|| Preset ||

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Tommy followed Joel out of the room, listening carefully to the words he said, shaking his head with subtle disappointment. "Somethin' tells me you've told Ellie otherwise...? There's another story to this, I'm sure of it." Tommy said, looking deep into his big brother's eyes. "And isn't a vaccine what everyone was hopin' for? She's just a girl, Joel. One life lost to save many, that ain't too much to ask now is it?" Peering back into the cafeteria, he watched Ellie carefully, a slight grunt escaping his mouth as he looked across the other tables. "Don't tell me you've killed off the Fireflies, too." Tommy's voice raised slightly, choked with a bit of irritation as he awaited a response from his big brother. /--short.

In-Game User: ex0rcist

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Joel frowned a gripped the railing tighter and his knuckles began to get ghostly white. 'One life lost to save many, that ain't too much to ask now is it?' His face went white and it felt like his breath exploded out of his lungs like a balloon. Letting the railing go, he sneered and grabbed his little brother by his shirt. "Tommy, is it too much when I've lost my God Damned daughter?" he whispered, holding his face close to his. He let go of his collar and spat at the ground, turning his back to him. Breathing in slowly, he slammed his fist against the barred railing and turned around, eyes aligned. "I haven't told Ellie I have killed Marlene, no. I don't care if the whole world was counting on this girl's survival, she's basically my daughter. You wouldn't have let this happened to Sarah.." he said under his breath, voice rising so he was audible. "Ellie wouldn't want to die, and I'm sure of it." Joel spit once more, this time over the edge. Frowning, he looked into his little brother's eyes. "This.. 'girl' means everything to me. If you can't respect that, then we'll be on our way," he said in a growl, breathing deeply. "The fireflies ain't what they say they are." Joel grabbed Tommy's collar once more, this time a lot firmer. "You ain't got the slightest clue what it's like to loose someone," Joel spluttered, chest heaving with every breath.

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Tommy knew this was coming, facing the anger his brother had towards him. "Dammit, Joel," he spluttered as he was grabbed hold of by Joel. The impacted pull nearly caused his footing to slip, as his eyes met with his brother's. Such anger and fury Tommy saw, narrowing his own eyes. "How a'bout loosing the big brother I once knew, huh? My brother would do anything to help those around him... No, no. You only choose to help her. Remember back at the plant? You said that it was for my damn cause to deliver that girl. My and everyone else's damn cause." he forced, continuing on. "You know she's not your daughter, and knowing you, I know you don't have the GUTS to replace Sarah with an infected girl." Tommy knew he was going too far, but still pushed on. "And what do you think'll happen when Ellie finds out about the truth, huh? What the hell do you think's gonna happen?" He shut his eyes, panting a bit. He knew he had no say about the Fireflies, so remained silent on that subject. His thoughts were focused mainly on Ellie, and Joel's relationship towards her as his daughter. It troubled him dearly.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:44:20 am by .exe »

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Glancing over to the conversation, Ellie could see Joel and Tommy. Overhearing a bit of the conversation, Ellie began to gain anger. "Joel lied to me?" Mumbling to herself, Ellie stood up and grabbed her bag, she began to storm over to Joel and Tommy and threw her arms down. Glaring up at Joel, you could see the anger in her, swelling up. Extremely furious, Ellie took a deep breath before she began to yell. "What the heck Joel?!" "You lied to me.." "I thought I could trust you, you out of all people!" "Is there ANYTHING else you're hiding from me that you would like to share?" Throwing her arms up now, Ellie's fists where clenched tightly, her face somewhat red. She didn't include the part about his feelings, she was too angry to do so.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:59:58 pm by BlueCrisis »

|| Preset ||

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
His face turned white as if all of the blood in his body seeped away. Giving Tommy the "look what you've done" glance, he sneered and his attention focused on Ellie. "Ellie, I-" Joel was cut off and his face dropped. As she kept going on about him lying, etc, his face regained as he attempted to raise his voice over her. "Ellie, if it wasn't for me you'd be DEAD by now! You- You CAN trust me, Ellie. Marlene was behind it- she- She wanted you to die!" he roared, sweat seeping down his neck. Joel's face flushed white and he had nothing more to say; there wasn't anything he could say. All he could tell her was that he was sorry, and so he did: "Ellie, I- I'm sorry," he spluttered, frown disappearing as he looked over to Tommy and sighed.

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
Seeing Ellie approach them caused Tommy to tense up. 'She overheard us?' he thought. He watched the two argue about this situation, and came to the point where he couldn't take it any longer. "Just like I said, big brother..." he frowned, looking towards the dusted and dirtied floor of the room. He could hear the anger in Ellie's voice, and how sorry Joel's been sounding. "Dammit...""Ellie. Joel has his reasons for lyin' to you," Tommy said gently, looking towards Joel for approval. Kneeling down to eye level with Ellie, he sighed. "If you'd just let him explain more so..." he paused, expecting Ellie to cut him off mid-sentence. Standing up, he rested his hand on Joel's shoulder, giving him a firm tug before leaving the room, giving the two some privacy for their discussion or argument.

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
"Joel, I don't want to hear it." Speechless, Ellie shut her eyes, clenched her fists tighter, and looked down. 'Marlene wanted to kill me?' Filled with dismay, Ellie grunted and looked back up, she wasn't going to cry, no, but she was hurt. "Is there ANYTHING else you want to tell me now?" Letting out a large exhale, Ellie's breaths cracked and she seemed to give out a small, edgy cough as Tommy spoke, then left the room.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 03:24:21 am by BlueCrisis »

|| Preset ||

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Joel sighed after Tommy's firm grip released on him and looked at Ellie. Pausing, he opened his mouth before he was cut off again by Ellie. After seeing her run off, he sighed and rubbed his forehead; he was hurt too. After a moment, he followed her into the room she was in. Joel grunted before he slowly walked in, stepping backward as he saw her face. "Ellie? I'm-" He cut himself off and paused briefly, staring at his dusty boots. After a moment, he looked up at her and sighed. "If you need me, just give me a call or you'll know where to find me," Joel said, turning around to face the door and walked off to the stables quickly.