Author Topic: Questions Need Answers, Not Feces Thrown At The Questioners  (Read 2340 times)

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
Questions Need Answers, Not Feces Thrown At The Questioners
« on: October 06, 2013, 12:34:44 am »
Questions Need Answers, Not Feces Thrown At The Questioners
A discussion thread that questions the logic behind insipid responses.

Early in the afternoon, I was informed by a FH user that I know that there was a rather odd disturbance in Fluorite, right near the Cape of Worlds portal. A user that had a character by the name of "Shadowpool" asked what an RP sample and well, the responses to that are quite disturbing even for the community.

Incident (All photos are in order)

To those that still partake into the game's activities or just solely stay no the forums, please do share your opinion on the matter. Did the respondents have any legitimate reason to voice themselves against the questioner? Should the questioner have not asked this out in public or even asked it at all?

This isn't a report thread, so, this is a note to those that may jump overboard to the whole point of the thread.
Thanks to Blue for the creative title
Thanks to Blacki for the provided screenshtos and making me aware of the situation.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Need Answers, Not Feces Thrown At The Questioners
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 02:15:05 am »
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:17:12 am by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive

Dire Night Wolf

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 03:52:20 am »
Lady_Alizarin -> You took the words right out of my mouth.

These situations just remind me too much of typical teenager made up stereotypes, where you ask one thing that supposedly everyone knows and you're automatically dubbed a "Stupid, brainless idiot". It's so frustrating to see things like these on a game where a simple explanation would of sufficed, but nooo, they had to ridicule the poor person. I just absolutely can't stand such people, I'm hoping they'll learn their lesson one day.

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:17:38 pm »
I see this all the time. Someone came to Stonebridge and asked "'Where is SB at?" And everyone there started calling him a retard -_-'.

Like just because someone asks for a location doesn't mean you have to go all out at them for not knowing where it is. I'm sure those players who were insulting Shadowpool didn't know anything when THEY first started the game. In my opinion I think they were so use to knowing other players who knew what an Rp sample was, that they were just surprised to find someone who didn't know.

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:40:14 pm »
Ashamed to say I know the people dissing the asker.
Whenever I'm in an rp I try to encourage people to help and answer questions, obviously these guys don't.

Unless the person had their questions answered in whisper and continued to fit about it, although I doubt that.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

SoulRevenge

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 03:05:13 am »
This thread's gotten attention~ I'm quite happy, you know.

But just to add onto this, since although very agreeable points have been made here, I'd like to contribute words along such lines; or, more accurately, point out the worst thing this lot did.

Taunting.

On one hand, not answering someone's question just because they want to know and calling them 'stupid' or 'idiotic' is bad enough, but this lot, oh you know directly telling them they aren't intelligent wasn't good enough.
Especially for captainrawr. 
  Now tell me, upon asking a question, it might be somewhat expected to be called 'stupid' or be told to 'go away'. But expected or not, the sass (and not the good kind, mind you) and tauntings are the worst part.
"Go to one of those Disney Channel Sites"
An example of my least favourite one.

"You're an autistic five year old"
Is the one I despise the most; because not only does it point out a mental disability, but also adds onto a sort of 'age-hating' thing. Not literally, of course, but the insult was most certainly unwell thought out. Keep in mind that I didn't screenshot everything; those were just some of the worst stuff I got on there, and these stretched on.

There's also the subject of ganging up on others, 'typo correcting' (which is also very annoying; especially in circumstances such as these). So not only are these lot a bunch of blubbering morons, ganging up on a person because they asked an entirely harmless question, but they're also quite rude.
  Excuse the 'quite'.
The rudest, most inconsideration lot I've met might fit that more- on the other hand there is an unfortunate amount of people among these lines within the community. Perhaps they find looking down on the 'lower peasantry' fun in some odd manner; either way, I find it quite unamusing.

So it's one thing if you're calling someone stupid for not knowing something in particular- but you're really throwing feces when you start taunting.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:56:58 pm »
I've been guilty of asking people to find other roleplays for not knowing what a rp sample is. It's just.. sort of self-explanatory? You're asking for a sample of roleplay. There's no real way to describe it better. Usually I only shoo the person if I try to explain and after a few attempts I sitll get a "WUT R U EVEN TALKING ABOUT???" I have low patience and if me explaining a few times didn't get through there's no point in trying. Just go find another roleplay elsewhere. o^o

I find them insulting the person further though and using such terms in a derogatory fashion low. :I Like can't you just ask them to go nicely if you don't feel like explaining? No point in being rude or mean, you'll potentially scare them from trying to join roleplays in the future and.. FH already lacks alot of decent/active roleplays.

Offline kopat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • ?I ? Big Cats?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 01:42:42 am »
That was just plain rude. What if they were just another noob? Being nasty is never the answer to a question.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 11:09:12 pm »
I can't believe this, i just can't watch.
 -shuts eyes and wraps tail around self  so will not explode from all that rage -

WHY, just WHY.
Shadow Asked a good question, she is new to the game, and wanted to know the answer, and the people who seemed to be nice, who she DID ask, all just rounded up on her an MADE HER LOOK LIKE A STUPID KIT!
and I am double disappointed because, they are giving WC RolePlays a VERY BAD NAME!  That we are all stuck-up know it alls who hide the information!  - Waves tiny little paws in the air anime style -
WE WERE ALL NOOBS TO YOU KNOW!  WHY NOT START ACTING LIKE A GROWN-UP AND NOT A STUCk-UP BULLY!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:11:19 pm by Brenda Lee »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 11:56:41 pm »
This is sad and yet unfortunately not uncommon. I've seen 11 year olds viciously bullied by what I can only guess were well-written teenagers (or adults.) Worse yet when I tried to intervene they tried to spite me too, and another person I spoke to claimed they had seen the pair doing it before.

I will kind of agree with ZombieKitteh though, if I am busy and have already made an attempt at explaining several times over, I will give up. Why? Its not my job to "babysit" every newbie in the game, I'm on here to play a game and chat with friends. Answering a question? I don't mind that but belaboring the same information repeatedly... only to keep receiving a "What? Who? Huh?" No. I'd become a teacher if a wanted a task like that. Additionally, theres all sorts of resources one can use to answer simple questions, other people in OTHER locations of the game, the forum, even /google/ for some topics. Just because someone else does not properly utilize their resources does not make it anyone's fault but the person asking the question,

HOWEVER, it still does not excuse the kind of response Shadowpool received, that is not a simple "I'm sorry I'm busy with something else right now" (even though the explanation for what a RP sample would not be that hard to explain quickly anyway) that is a flat out insult, or series of insults in this case and completely uncalled for. :/

Moral of the story: If you have the time, attempt to answer the question and go on. If you don't, at least acknowledge the person (POLITELY) and let them know you're busy but don't insult them, there is no need for that. X_X