Author Topic: "Starving" Predators?  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: "Starving" Predators?
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 04:13:06 pm »
Alot of the times it's just kids who don't know about the true facts of nature or how starvation can affect someone's health and energy.

Out in the wild, a starving wolf (or any other starving predator) often times has to scavange for food to get their energy back up. There was a reason why there would be scattered elk carcasses in the game of WolfQuest. If your wolf was too weak to hunt, they could feed from an elk caracass that was probably killed by a bear. That's what wolves and other predators do in the wild. If they are too weak from starvation to hunt, they will go out and find a caracass to feed from.

Doing a little research on these kind of things can really help a roleplay be more realistic.
Inactive

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 03:35:53 pm »
Indeed, You know how the stereo type that Hyenas only scavanege while Lions always hunt like the 'noble' animals they are?
Well, its wrong.
They both do an equal-ish amount of scavenging, but the Hyena hunts slightly more than your average pride. Its best to know the eating and hutning habits of your 'Predator', instead of just guessing, as Lady said above, Doing research goes a long way.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 11:09:24 pm »

So it comes to the point where my horse is standing her ground. They are able to jump up all the way to her neck with no difficulty, they never seemed to get tired in rp or anything. It's as if they weren't even starving at all. (And yes, they did eventually kill my character. xD)

Perfect sense. That my friend, is my kind of logic.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 11:36:31 pm »
So it comes to the point where my horse is standing her ground. They are able to jump up all the way to her neck with no difficulty, they never seemed to get tired in rp or anything. It's as if they weren't even starving at all. (And yes, they did eventually kill my character. xD)
Perfect sense. That my friend, is my kind of logic.
Yep, that seems to be how it is in all of FH.
Farewell everyone<3