Author Topic: "illiterate"  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
"illiterate"
« on: June 02, 2014, 03:05:12 pm »
okay so i was hanging out by the stone bridge, and someone started being rude and talking about how they got banned once. and they were harassing the other members, so i asked them to please stop. when they didn't, they continued on about that they'd been banned before. so, then i said "please don't break the rules, you can get banned."

next, someone else told me not to discuss bans in game. i'm very confused? i wasn't, i was just saying that he should watch what he says. and then the rude person started talking about how he was banned once and he had been doing something bad, etc. that's when i got mad. note, i didn't rage and yell, i asked why he didn't get yelled at and he said "It's I. I'm. You're. You need to use proper grammar." and i got reaaally mad.

so what i'm saying here is, do you think people judge others based on how they talk? i've been playing this game for 3 years and they thought i didn't even know anything, thought i just joined. i'm just very mad, because i don't deserve to be treated like i'm stupid. nobody does, young old, new, smart, dumb, or not. i'm pretty sure they do, and i'm probably going to send a report about this person later, but really? i'm pretty mad at this person.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline doxiesrcute

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: "illiterate"
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 05:01:28 pm »
Hmm some people just think they're better than others I guess. They think it's all a competition. Games like these are meant for people to have fun and chat with others they've never met before. But peeps like these just want themselves to feel better about who they are and ruin it for other players while hiding behind a computer screen on a hot character (maybe).

I play on games like these so I can be myself when the reality of the real world makes me feel vulnerable because there's a lot of judging and dirty looks. I'm just a quirky person who likes to laugh and forgets what I'm talking about in the middle of a sentence x3 . I guess people don't want to realize that people are different and they're not the only kind of person in the world.  :-\

Ermegersh that was teh longest thing I've typed explaining something.  :P ;D
SQUEE!!!

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 05:03:48 pm »
First off, I'd like to personally apologize that you had to encounter some sour individuals. This has been an issue for a while, and some players simply aren't as kind as others. Now technically you did nothing wrong here in this situation. You were not discussing bans. You nicely told them to stop what they were doing or there could be consciences such as bans. When the rules say 'no discussing bans' it means no yelling or raging about someone or yourself getting banned. THAT isn't tolerated. The only people that have faulted here are those users.

On the grammar and spelling note, I believe that it is very unprofessional to make fun or degrade those that may not have the best spelling/grammar. Especially those who have English as a second language. I find it appalling. That one should encounter such vulgar treatment. Users like this simply do not know better. If this ever happens to you or you witness it happening I advise that you ask them very nicely to stop because that person might just need assistance with grammar or spelling. If it continues, report said behavior to a staff member. Screenshot the chat and the users username, then PM it to a mod and explain what happened. Action should and will happen.

Again I'd like to apologize that you had to witness such rude users, and I'd like to thank you for being kind and considerate even to the wrongful users. You did the right thing.  

Offline TheApplePie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I breathe dan howell
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:43:08 pm »
I'm sorry for you to meet these rude players, there's quite a lot of Literate VS. Illiterate drama going on in the past few weeks in the game + on the forum.
With only the fact that FeralHeart is a game for everyone, literate or not there's always a chance to get caught in one of these annoying moments. The best thing I can say is that you report the players that do talk about bans and block them.
Also I can say that yes, some people do judge others by being literate/illiterate. Use age as an example.
A player who talks like this;"i will come and talk to u tomorrow" is considered to be a child or just a lazy illiterate person.
A player who talks like this;"I will come and talk to ya tomorrow" is considered to be either a child or lazy person.
A player who talks like this;"I will come and talk to you tomorrow" is considered to be an adult/teen and  literate person, ect.
In my opinion you should just ignore and block anyone who  speaks to you in a rude way. Most of the time people just want to sound smarter or even be higher and better than all the rest.

let's be emo in a gerard way

http://fiixl.deviantart.com/

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 12:43:10 pm »
thank you guys for the advice! yes, i took a screenshot when this happened and i will probably report them sooner or later.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!