Author Topic: Items help?  (Read 923 times)

Offline Silvercrystall

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Set my heart afire!
    • http://starrykimb.deviantart.com
    • A FIREY SPIRIT
    • View Profile
    • A FIREY SPIRIT
Items help?
« on: November 02, 2014, 01:13:55 pm »
My problem:
I do everything correctly I Guess, but I can't see any items in my Items list. I had downloaded the item 4 months before and I could only see the items in the list, but when I added them to my character I couldn't see them even though I knew they were on me. I knew they were on me, because when I started clicking on everything annoyed and then the game said "You can't have more than 4 items" or something.

What I do when I download items:
I usually put the "Items.cfg" in the main FH folder, sometimes when I download (or atleast tries) items there is no "Items.cfg" or "READ ME" when the creator or Publisher says it is.
Before I start downloading everything I have a file named "items" (Icon from internet Explorer). Is it supposed to be there?
I put the rest of the items (EVERYTHING, except "Items.cfg") in the OS > Feralheart > Media > Items.
FH is off.
I open FH and no items.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Items help?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 04:17:26 pm »
Does this occur with all the items or just a select few? For there are some items in certain item packs that refuse to show themselves no matter what one may do. I can only conclude that the problem trails back to the items' creator(s) 'n there's little we can do.

If an item pack has no item.cfg file, then I'm a bit stumped on that one. It's like handin' out an ice cream cone with no ice cream. Just the cone. Why hand out items but fail to provide an updated cfg file alongside it so the downloaders can actually see the items they download? *Scratches skull.* Me knows not. Mayhaps ye' can contact the original packet creator about this 'n inform them of their missin' file just in case the absence of it was an accident.

It sounds like ye're doin' everythin' correctly. All item files bein' stuffed in the FeralHeart > Media > Items folder then the cfg file bein' placed in the main FeralHeart directory. I assume ye're runnin' FH on a Mac 'n there's many problems that occur when runnin' FH on a Mac since the game was originally designed/programmed for Windows.

Arr, while my response might have not been a sorta "do this here and that there", if nothin' more it may shed some light on this problem. I've uttered most that I could and I wish ye' luck in sortin' this out.
gone

Offline Silvercrystall

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Set my heart afire!
    • http://starrykimb.deviantart.com
    • A FIREY SPIRIT
    • View Profile
    • A FIREY SPIRIT
Re: Items help?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 01:16:42 pm »
I downloaded recently from Pawsome Items Pack V5.
I can see the Antlers and antenna, but oly their structure and not their textures. They only appear white.

I can contact the Item creators, but most of them says "Don't ask me about how to download items. There are a lot of Item tutorials for Feralheart out there", but I'll see if I can contact any. c:

No, I don't have Mac. I have Windows 8.1. c: I have asked People if they have Windows 8.1 too and if it Works for them. People don't have Windows 8.1. :/

Well thank you for your time. Apologizes for the so late reply. c: