Author Topic: Exporting .3ds as .mesh  (Read 937 times)

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
Exporting .3ds as .mesh
« on: March 13, 2015, 09:59:00 am »
Hello! Recently, I found out that my school offers 3DS MAX 2015 to students for free so I registered a copy for myself and I wanted to try converting some royalty free .3ds trees to .mesh. After searching the OGRE forums for a bit a found a few programs that offer that but they don't seem to be compatible with Feral Heart, or at least the version of OGRE that FH uses.

The first program I used was OgreMaxSceneExporter which had an option to choose between OGRE 1.9 and 1.8 so I tried both exporting the same model but both seemed to crash the game after placing the exported files in /media/objects/my_objects. So next I tried EasyOgreExporter but that only seems to export objects as an "OGRE Scene" which I'm just going to assume doesn't work.

I know its possible since I checked the mesh portion of the forums and saw people are doing conversion requests but I want to learn how to convert them myself since I have a few dozen items that need to be converting, and it would a bother to have someone else do it for me.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 10:01:31 am by Kwibjo »

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224