Author Topic: What Laptop do You Have?  (Read 4842 times)

Offline _Rache_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Your future is bright.
    • View Profile
What Laptop do You Have?
« on: June 19, 2015, 09:08:32 pm »
This is discussion but also to help me out too  ;D  but what type of laptop do you have? I would like a personal laptop for myself that is suitable for Feralheart. The one I have now is a Lenovo and whenever I tried to make my own map, I'd permanently get that Feralheart.exe has stopped working stuff until I deleted and reinstalled the game sooooo..I'm looking for one that won't do that, plus my mom is a laptop hog. Any suggestions?  :D
I love you

DreamerDay

Re: What Laptop do You Have?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 09:16:57 pm »
I have a windows 8, which currently has a virus.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 09:24:13 pm »
I have an Asus laptop computer on Windows 8. I got it for Christmas a couple years ago when I broke my other one. The Best Buy people told me that the Asus was a highly sought-after gaming computer, but you know, you can't always trust people who try to sell you something. Nonetheless, I liked the laptop for other reasons, and it's been good to me so far.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 09:27:36 pm »
I personally have a Windows 8.1 Gateway laptop. About one terabyte of disk space and 6 GB RAM. Although the video and graphics card are a joke for such a big computer like the one I have. >:c My parents buy the cheapest object they can find, ignoring the quality. They lied to me about the value of this laptop too. lol

At least mine right now is better than my old one. Whatever you do, don't buy the tiny Acer brand laptops. I had to live with one for a couple of years and it wasn't the best... It couldn't even run FH without lagging a storm.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 09:33:05 pm »
Whatever you do, don't buy the tiny Acer brand laptops. I had to live with one for a couple of years and it wasn't the best... It couldn't even run FH without lagging a storm.
Jenga's right- an Acer would definitely be one you'd want to avoid.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 01:55:06 am »
Even though people can have a personal taste for different brands(such as HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo etc), if you're serious about what you're getting you should not be thinking of the name as much as you think about what you actually get inside. I do realize that not everyone is all tech savvy and look into the exact specifications and know exactly what it means, but it can honestly make all the difference and save you some too if you do know.

My best suggestion if possible, is to have someone that you can talk to or bring to whatever store you'll buy your laptop at, or at the very least talk to them before anything is bought so they can give their voice about the laptops you've been looking at.

I am by no means trying to step on someone's toes here, but plainly telling someone to get a certain brand, is like telling someone to get a house with a roof. There's cheap butt computers from most brands that will be slow for todays standard, and they all tend to have faster machines as well. You usually get what you pay for one way or another, but sometimes you can save some if you know what to look at.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 02:38:50 am »
Even though people can have a personal taste for different brands(such as HP, Acer, Asus, Lenovo etc), if you're serious about what you're getting you should not be thinking of the name as much as you think about what you actually get inside. I do realize that not everyone is all tech savvy and look into the exact specifications and know exactly what it means, but it can honestly make all the difference and save you some too if you do know.

My best suggestion if possible, is to have someone that you can talk to or bring to whatever store you'll buy your laptop at, or at the very least talk to them before anything is bought so they can give their voice about the laptops you've been looking at.

I am by no means trying to step on someone's toes here, but plainly telling someone to get a certain brand, is like telling someone to get a house with a roof. There's cheap butt computers from most brands that will be slow for todays standard, and they all tend to have faster machines as well. You usually get what you pay for one way or another, but sometimes you can save some if you know what to look at.

Good point, Red. I'd definitely suggest speaking to someone who knows something about computers so you've got some idea of what you're looking at.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 10:43:28 am »
I have a Acer laptop that has the same specs as a NES. /s

If you're looking into a desktop as well, I recommend you to build one. Much cheaper than a laptop/prebuilt desktop with superior specs.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 02:32:31 pm »
Maaaaaaaac.
:]

Master_callos

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 07:46:28 pm »
I currently have a fairly powerful Packard Bell laptop with a couple of juiced up parts put on. It has a quad-core AMD processor as well as an AMD graphics card and 16gb of RAM.

Oh yeah and windows 7 because 8 is just the worst. (booo windows 8 boooo)