Author Topic: What Laptop do You Have?  (Read 4835 times)

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
Re: What Laptop do You Have?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 03:46:58 pm »
I have no laptop, but if you're looking at an apple (that's my opinion), then look somewhere else. I don't say they're bad - they're pretty good - but it is too expensive. You will buy mainly the brand and not the laptop. (Sorry for all Apple-Fans; I think we all now that it's expensive. And the "modern look" isn't that important)

I got say, that is so true. And Apples are really only good for business related things, not gaming. I'm not sure how the newer Macbooks are like, but my mom's is, eh. You really are buying the brand, they're not that great of laptops anyway. I'm not really an apple person, but my mom really is.

Agreed. They're just... too expensive for the specs. It's cheaper to buy a Windows laptop, even cheaper if you build your own, honestly...

Yeah, my dad built is computer 6-7 years ago, and it still runs pretty fast! It's cheaper, and if you do it right, it can last a very long time (if you treat it right too XD)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 05:21:47 pm »
I have no laptop, but if you're looking at an apple (that's my opinion), then look somewhere else. I don't say they're bad - they're pretty good - but it is too expensive. You will buy mainly the brand and not the laptop. (Sorry for all Apple-Fans; I think we all now that it's expensive. And the "modern look" isn't that important)

I got say, that is so true. And Apples are really only good for business related things, not gaming. I'm not sure how the newer Macbooks are like, but my mom's is, eh. You really are buying the brand, they're not that great of laptops anyway. I'm not really an apple person, but my mom really is.

Agreed. They're just... too expensive for the specs. It's cheaper to buy a Windows laptop, even cheaper if you build your own, honestly...

Yeah, my dad built is computer 6-7 years ago, and it still runs pretty fast! It's cheaper, and if you do it right, it can last a very long time (if you treat it right too XD)

I'm actually planning to build a PC soon, well it will be probably next year, and you can always upgrade yourself, not buy a PC from scratch :p

They say building a PC is like building expensive Legos, I wonder if it's that easy?

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Cypress

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 05:10:52 pm »
I have an Asus Notebook that I got for Christmas. :)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 02:02:06 am »
I have an Acer Aspire, Windows 8 - touch pad screen. I got it for Christmas. It's a wonderful computer, but the touch screen part may be a little more money than you're looking into. Besides, if your mom is a laptop hog, consider putting a password on the PC so she doesn't use it? I have 6 laptops in my closet that are all mine... XD And I have the 7th one that I'm using now ((the Acer)). Anyway, I don't know what it's like not having things to yourself. In my family, members don't usually share their belongings. But not sure... However, I do recommend getting a Windows 7/8 laptop for sure - Macs aren't my strongest suit. As for the map crashing and the FH.exe stop working: Mine does that all the time. And my computer is perfectly fine. Just be sure when you reinstall FH that you make a copy of your files such as your maps you created and place them on your desktop so you don't lose them. Another way to solve this is maybe making a thread on the help boards and see if any staff could help resolve your issue. c: Hope everything works out well! BTW: DO NOT get a Chromebook!! You can't play ANY games on a Chromebook - my friend has one and she cannot download literally a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g! Those PC's are strictly for work and documents. NOT a gaming computer!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 03:07:01 pm »
To update, I recently got a Lenovo Edge15 for graduation, and it works quite well for games (at least the games I play). Though I'm not sure how it'd fare with work, I personally like it.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya