Author Topic: Zero Creativity  (Read 4243 times)

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
Zero Creativity
« on: September 12, 2015, 04:42:30 pm »
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:21:51 am by -Queen- »

Offline Sixx.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Creativity
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:52:07 pm »
UGH THE PITCH BLACK CHARACTERS BOTHER ME SO MUCH //Throws chair

It's not that hard to make something else

Come on peOPLE
Avatar by the lovely RebelEcho <3

Echoing harmony

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 04:57:00 pm »
I can agree, the creativity in FeralHeart is low sometimes. Personally, I love Mahogany Colored things, it saddens me to see some colors unused and short creativity and even unused markings.
Can we stop this? Course not, it's the player's character and they can make however they like. Although what we can do is just make very unique characters and give some a great example of pure creativity.

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 05:20:33 pm »
I've noticed this as well. Personally, it really, really bugs me how 90% of the wolf characters in the game are either pure black, pure white, or some shade of grey. Why can't people make characters who are brown?

I think out of all the overused colours, though, pure black characters bother me the most. Grey may be a pretty overused colour, but at least it looks alright. Pure white is pretty annoying, but at least though don't look like a shadow, Pure black characters don't even look like actual wolves.

Like, I can understand making a demon character be pure black, or a character in the Ebony Circle [speaking of which I really wanna join them some time], but when people start making 40% of all the wolves in the game pure black, to the point where they look like shadows, it just becomes unrealistic.

At the moment, I only have one wolf character, but she's dark brown with green eyes [though she has a preset]. Whenever I make  a wolf character, I usually make them brown. I don't use black, white, or grey most of the time because those colours are overused.

Offline Scornhound

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • 𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔢
    • FiendOfVengeance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 06:25:28 pm »
I believe most use the black color because its easy to create in the RGB color scale.

I do have some dark colored canine/feline characters but there is only one that is 0 0 0 black since he is a demonic being. The others do have some other color in them, like my warrior cat char. He is a dark color but not 0 0 0 or dark gray; he has some red/violet/brown in his pelt color.
I try to make my characters look good and have creativity in them.

Anyhow, I can see your point.

It just seems that dark colors are easy to get in the RGB color scale when people make their characters, and they possibly want to make their characters look intimidating.
𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔢

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 06:55:10 pm »
The pitch-black characters bug me, however the dark grey ones don't

But yes, it seems like there are too many dark characters, and I've seen lots of other white and grey ones as well. Occasionally you'll see a brown character, but it's not that common at all with wolves (I think there's a good amount of brown/tan lions though)

Another thing is that the only unrealistically colored characters I ever see are usually just sparkle dogs. My fursona, Kiki, is unrealistic but isn't horrible to look at either. Most of the time people can remember who I am just because of Kiki's appearance alone

But yeah, I'd like to see a better diversity with character pelt colors and species (since it seems like there's mainly wolves, warrior cats and lions these days... I rarely see dragons or other unique species anymore)[/teal]
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Delija

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Life is looking up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 01:20:51 am »
Black is a very stylish color, but it can be over used in this game. xD When I can't come up with any other color I like on my characters, black is always my go to character, because since I tend to work with darker colors, it ends up working out stellar.
Signature by Adelish

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 02:25:52 am »
Sadly the color black in characters is very common in the game. For us i may look odd or terrible, but for the others using it the character is perfect. So I honestly am not too sure how I would say this. I guess in my opinion it is distasteful, but that is only my opinion. Other than that I am happy seeing everyone's style in characters.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 02:39:04 am »
Honestly, it doesn't bug me much, though I can agree it's a tad overused. It's just their character, and I think they can have a character that looks however they want, even if it is pitch black. Although it might look uncreative or boring to some, that person could absolutely love their character and be incredibly proud of it. I don't think that they really have to "learn" to make "better" characters---if they like their character, they don't want to change it, and they're not hurting anyone, why should they need to change it? Of course, its always great to expand your creativity, but I don't think pitch black characters should be gotten rid of or shunned or anything just because they're 'overused', 'unrealistic', or 'not unique'.

That's just my opinion on it, I'm not trying to offend or insult anybody, but I just think if its their character, they can do what they please with it.

Master_callos

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 10:02:55 am »
I think black is used so often because it's easy to make it look good. I'm not a fan of pitch black wolves/felines but at the end of the day, I think people should be able to make whatever they want, regardless of what people think.