Author Topic: Your opinions on large groups?  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinions on large groups?
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 01:58:55 pm »
I'm pretty split. I'm not too fond of joining big groups, but I like being one of the first members in a big group. I'm not fond of too small of groups either, just because of the lack of people to interact with.
I guess it also depends on the role play as well, and how much it catches my attention. I'm also more willing to join any group when playing as someone's offspring.

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 08:02:07 pm »
Well, I do like large groups, as long as they are active. I like them because I feel as if it's more realistic; a large pride or pack etc.. and it makes me feel like i have more of a chance to give myself a 'reputation' and try to get to know everyone in my group. But i completely see where you may not enjoy the larger groups, as small groups allow you to personalize and get to know each others roleplaying abilities and build stronger friendships. Another great thing about smaller groups is that you don't get lost in drama or ranks- only the people who hold higher ranks really contribute to the group. :)
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 01:59:48 pm »
For me, it really depends on the group itself.
As Owly stated, I'm on the fence as well.

Large groups can be TONS of fun with roleplaying and making friends in general. However, large groups can have issues. More often than not, from what I've seen, someone will work hard creating an enormous group for a roleplay, only to have the majority of its members never return again after day one.
Inactivity can be a major issue for any group.

That being said, I think larger groups do tend to be more successful than small ones.
Again, this does depend on the group itself and its members. If the group has an interesting roleplay plot and lots of members to interact with, the likelihood of it sticking around as an active thing are higher.

Smaller groups can be fun, though inactivity again is a downfall more so here, because there are less people, so if one person never signs back on to that character, the whole group suffers because of its teeny size. Still, having a less crowded environment does create a more peaceful, tame atmosphere, where there can be more structure and order to posting without posting on top of each other.

I think either way you go about it, it depends on the group and the individuals in it.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 05:37:19 pm »
I don't have anything against the large groups, I just tend to avoid them because they're often very long running and have some intricate plot that only makes sense to the senior members. Take for example, The Great Forest. I don't have anything against them, in fact I enjoyed being a loner on their map. I just didn't enjoy being a queen in ThunderClan, as I felt like I just jumped right into the middle of a book, and I didn't quite get what was going on.

Now, I'm not trying to put down TGF, nor those who have ever been apart of the group. What I'm trying to say is that the plot seems overly controlled by the admins, and just too much happens. If you haven't been there from the beginning, it might not make sense.

As I said earlier, I have absolutely nothing against the larger groups. They're just a little too big with too many people, most of which you may never interact with, and often have some sort of plot that I just can't get myself interested in. Some are very player-run, letting you make your own plot, and I love that. But I want a group where I can become friends with everyone, and with larger groups, that's impossible.

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 06:31:10 pm »
i actually dont mind large groups!! they can be rlly fun sometimes, and there is A LOT of people to talk to and rp with. with small groups, if one person goes offline; so does the rest of the group and it sucks.

so large groups = good
however, i don't mind small groups since you don't get like 10101010101010101 billion people post-cutting you and rping at the same time.

(exaggeration)

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline Raddlegoose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 01:04:02 am »
I don't like or dislike either of them. The good thing about larger roleplays are that you usually have more people to talk to. The bad thing is that it gets too crowded sometimes. The good thing about smaller rps are that you have some space to breath. The bad thing is that it gets lonely.

Offline SkylineThePuma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Icon base by RussianBlues.deviantArt.com
    • SkylineSan
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 02:20:13 pm »
I used to roleplay in big groups. This made me feel more comfortable as their was always action and something to do! I really consider myself a crowd-person and I like to be in a big group, talking and stalking what's going on.

I still find RP's with my friends the best ans I know them and how far I can go with fanatsy/magic/violence, still I never had a long-term RP that was under 5 people. The biggest "small" RP I joined (with friends) was with about 15 people and it was a ton load of fun as no one felt left out!

My ingame Name: SkylineThePuma

Preach

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 02:26:43 pm »
I tend to avoid it unless my friends' are there, with me. However, if it's like a roleplay group, I will tend to skip it because I just don't like it. Plus, you're required to be active everyday which is hard. Additionally, they will only take space and cause a lot of tension and lags. So, yeah I try my best to stay away and be alone.

Offline Nanaki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 12:52:13 am »
Generally speaking, I like larger RP groups, especially when they have their own private map, because it means at least one other member will be online.