Author Topic: "Go back to Bonfire" Vent warning.  (Read 6743 times)

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
Re: "Go back to Bonfire" Vent warning.
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 05:47:47 am »
I have read every single word of your post, and I got to admit I'm rather impressed that you had the guts to make this a discussion. I myself tend to stay in Fluorite most of the time, however I like to roam around every single map FH has, including Atlantis and Last Cave. I enjoy observing and speaking with all types of people, so roaming from one map to the next to see what everyone is doing is something that I like to do. However, there has been many times, not just in FH, nor the matter of "Go back to Bonfire" where I see people discriminating others because of the way they are. I myself have been one of those victims many times in school for many different reasons, and I know once when your stuck with people looking at you with an already made up preference of you, it is hard to break away from that.

I myself do not do such things, nor specifically ask people to "Go to Bonfire" just because of the way they speak or roleplay because I know from experience that it is unfair. For example, I was sitting near Stone Bridge with my OOC, when a user with a pup character came and asked if anyone would like to adopt them. Not many people replied, and those that did seemed to look down on them. I spoke up and said something like "I think you'd have a better chance of getting adopted in Bonfire Island, they have Adoption Centers there all the time."

Note I did not specifically ask them to go to Bonfire just cause they wanted to be adopted, I was only trying to help them get what they wanted. However, then they said something like this.

"Why does no one here want a child? You're so heartless."

This kind of made me sad, cause from other situations I have seen, some people in Fluorite do seem heartless cause they ignore or mock people that "belong in Bonfire"

This is where I explained to them that people in Fluorite enjoy to get mates during Roleplay, and then have children in Roleplay as well, however this didn't seem to particularly get through to them, causing them to say a few rude things before leaving.

I do find this rather sad however, cause even though I was trying to help, it didn't seem to break away that preference that "Fluorite is only for literates, and they are mean, etc etc." to that particular person.

Anyways, so I don't end up going on my endless rambles xD I'm glad that someone like you put this thread out there for people to talk about, cause I've seen things like this happen way to many times before. I know for certain that things such as degrading others and bullying will not stop, cause well... kids are mean XD But those like me that do not think anyone is better than anyone else, or bully and look down on those who are not exactly like them, I admire and appreciate.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:01:15 am by TheOneAndOnlyy »

-WhereSunRises-

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 08:27:56 am »
So true! When I frst came to FH I was someting abou 12 years old :P Hell yeah, I was illiterate ( and Iam still XD ) and unexperienced member of the community. It really bugged me. Every time I wanted to join a Roleplay I was told that Iam not good enough, that I don't fit in their needs. Do you guys know how much It hurts some people? SHUT up and help those newbies! You once used to be like them! Do you really want to discourage young players who thought they might have fun on the game? Again, shut up and give them their rightful space. I know It may be looking weird when others talk like: "Never again!" Said the lonely brute as he trotted towards giant forest. His eyes were full of sorrow and grief. And some might Rp like: "OMG!" I say and sit down. I know, I know. May be weird but remember one thing, one day, It MIGHT BE THEM, WHO WILL TELL YOU YOU DON'T FIT IN! Be friendly and polite, they will be grateful. I've never asked for a Rp sample, I helped with downloading maps, I created free presets. All that becouse I wanted to help. Now these people are around me, we still play together. They learned to make their own presets, maps, even videos. Not to mention they are better than me :) Now Iam the one, asking for their help. I was in fact once thinking If there could be a rule that would prevent players from discrimination becouse of literacy. Eg. Rp samples can not be asked, Or someting that would give newbies better chance. I would love to see rule against "picking members of the groups". Simply said, everyone can be in any group with anyone. Thanks.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 10:09:46 am »
- Le Nuzzles , Pandeer Sticker To le Snout - ?

Sad that this happens just about everywhere where there's classifications over matters like this...Unfortunately that's just how the world likes to function it seems. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and such and what you see as something that isn't wrong...might be right in the others' eyes. Not saying that I disagree with what you said ( because I'm fairly open minded and I can understand where you're coming from even though I've never really encountered this problem ) but I can understand how bad it can get. Things like this can escalate and it should be pretty much important that everyone should have the right to truly be themselves and not feel bad about how others view them. That alone can bring someone's self-esteem down and such and make them question everything about life.

As stated above no less, if someone has a problem...instead of rude or snide comments, they should at least try and get to know the character first at least or just simply ignore / move to a different location and just...try not to get involved unless it was dire. Other than that, everyone pretty much has the right to be on whatever map and communicate however they want ( as long as they're respecting the rules and such of course ) because that's how they enjoy themselves as well as the game. This community is supposed to be welcoming and a pretty good place. Probably even a chance to escape the busy lives that everyone may or may not have. They don't need to be discriminated anymore than usual and they don't need to be labeled and such or told what to do ( again , unless it's dire ).

So kudos for you, for posting this. This is a really interesting topic nonetheless. ?

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline chromatic

• Curious Wanderer
  • "Deer teeth, for you kid!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 10:03:23 pm »
I agree with every fiber of my being.

Now I'm fairly inactive, and I have never personally witnessed this, I do find this to be a problem that people do this at all. I have experienced this somewhat in my past though. I first joined Feral-Heart when I was 11, and I wasn't too shabby at roleplaying, but I wasn't good either. I would try to start conversations with people in Flourite, but most either ignored me, or shot down my opinions, rather rudely. It seemed the only place I could make friends was in Bonfire, so that's where I had spent most of my time in the past. Don't get me wrong, I have met some amazing people there, and had some memorable experiences. I agree wholeheartedly with the neighborhood analogy. As I started to reach out into Flourite, and join roleplays, I really didn't meet people like that again. I'm thinking I just had some bad luck that day. Recently, I haven't really seen people like that, but it saddens me to know that this supposedly welcome community has some bad apples.

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Winter has Come
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 12:17:00 am »
Recently, I haven't really seen people like that, but it saddens me to know that this supposedly welcome community has some bad apples.

Well, there is always bad apples in a community, that's what makes the world what and who it is, and will most likely never change. It's our job as the welcoming members of the community to make everyone feel at home nevertheless. One random act of kindness can make someone's whole day after all.

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 12:19:32 am »
Now. When I go to Fluorite and Bonfire (Mostly Bonfire, Fluorite once), I often see things on the chat that I know are wrong to say. As much as I think those places are in fact good for meeting new people, I go when I'm ready to take a risk. According to your description, they seem like great places but yes there are problems.
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 10:49:53 pm »
We should make a map called "Hell" and tell people to go there.

It must be a real cool place tho

Offline Rostova

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • BurrBoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 11:30:10 pm »
My eyes feel strange from reading that now lol

Every now and then I hear somebody say "go back to bonfire" and I always feel bad for the person it's being said to. I go to bonfire all the time (as well as fluorite) and in both places, i feel right at home.

In bonfire im included in conversations much more, every time i butt into a conversation, they accept me and I end up getting good friends. But in fluorite people aren't usually as willing. Now that's what I've seen before, it's probably changed, but whatever.

I agree, people should stop saying "go back to bonfire" in such a harsh way. Bonfire is a great and happy place but most people don't see it.

But they should.

In bonfire you will almost always fit in, due to the large diversity of people. While in fluorite you need to be considered "literate enough". If somebody every told me to "go back to bonfire"  i would be happy to.

Don't be ashamed bonfireans

Fluorite has it all wrong

~Wolfwaffles

Lights and streetlamps flicker in the snow

Offline FelFeyn

• Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • FelFeyn Sergal, at your service!
    • FelFeyn
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 01:02:12 pm »
Bonfire is like the melting pot of FH. You get all sorts of people, opinions, skill level, and background all in one rather small area, and things can start to get(understandably) chaotic... but that's part of Bonfire's charm.
There's almost always something going on, and the only time there's a lull in the chaos is in the mid-morning hours, around 3-7am(my time, anyway). For me, both of those times have their charm. The buzz of activity during the day ensures there's always something interesting for me to watch, and the downtime gives me time to relax and kick up a nice, casual conversation with someone. Heck, one time, I even had a rather in-depth discussion about the need to understand the anatomy and abilities of the creature you are being, and how you can flesh it out/learn more about it to make rping with it more fun and engaging. It was a really engaging conversation, and I enjoyed it immensely!
Yes, you can get the younger players, you can get the troublemakers, you can get people without the best grasp of spelling/punctuation, and you can get plenty of people who speak little to no English- but that's because everyone is welcome and participate there. Not just the "idiots" or "noobs" as many like to call them(and they really aren't, anyway- a little help can go a long way!), but people who have majored in writing, people who are just learning to write short stories, people who are/are not native English speakers- anyone.

Anyone who tells someone "Go back to Bonfire" really hasn't experienced the joy and wonder it can bring. Bonfire is where I've met many of my close friends, and where I continue to spend time and make even more friends. ...plus, we have marshmallows c;

-waves- Hullo~
Stop by my dA
>Here!<
And get my presets >Here!<

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 02:34:48 am »
To be honest I've never really found anything wrong with bonfire other than the lag. Yes it's become an area for some inappropriate behavior but that's just something that happens all over FH, even if it's more prevalent in Bonfire than other places. An issue that has come to my attention is when people seem to find ways to be offended by anything, it's often best to let things pass by. An insult can only be a true insult if you let it get to you (With exceptions that are more severe) Telling someone that they should go back to a place that you have no issues with shouldn't really be an insult. Not everyone is going to like something and it is true that Bonfire can be overwhelming. I personally like it because I feel like I can be free to just derp around there and join in on the derpiness. Sometimes it's best to just realize that people will always find something bad to talk about a place, or will always try to find something to say to insult you. The best thing is to not let it get to you. Just because some people don't like Bonfire, it doesn't mean that everyone doesn't and it wont ruin it for those who do like it, and if it does then it's more of an easily influenced issue. In the end some "insults" or things such as this should just be pushed aside because it really doesn't have to effect anything and wont cause extreme issues. Choose your battles, some people just want to cause trouble for entertainment. It's like being called a child, is there really anything wrong with being a child? Heck there are smart children out there such as child prodigies, it all really is just based on how you take it.