Author Topic: "Go back to Bonfire" Vent warning.  (Read 6744 times)

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: "Go back to Bonfire" Vent warning.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 10:31:36 am »
The insular folk of Fluorite plains have never told me that, yet. 
But i like bonfire island, its hilarious.  Like one of those crossroads with the donkey carts, scooters, bicycles and big trucks all avoiding crashes with each other.  A chaos that works out ok in the end.  And i like it.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 12:32:04 pm »
I honestly agree with you XD

AngryGayFish

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2016, 01:49:22 pm »
I honestly agree. Even though the new update kinda ruins this beautiful vent(sorry Red ^^;). It honestly made me tear up a bit, because when I was in a bad mood one day and a new player approached me, I told them to "go back to Bonfire". So I honestly feel bad.

But, I see "edgy" chars in FP, and the new FP recruiting for lit groups. I read some of their bios. And 
seeing something like; "Bares the genitalia of a ___" Makes me disgusted. Not trying to be Immature, but is it really necessary?

Going back on my Edgy lit recruiting chars.. Some of their groups have Edgy names and we join them. But what about some newby groups that are doing the same thing? Why don't we join them? Is it because they are illit? So what? I honestly think joining them makes them feel better, and we can teach them to become 'better'. If they don't accept it, accept their choice.

Sorry for my own vent..

Offline bomarbones

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 11:45:42 pm »
This is so true! It's horrible how our community is being treated this way. Absolute outrage. All of you people who got told this, step up and say no. You are free to go wherever you want. Don't let anyone change who you are, or boss you around. I will be on the forum a lot, So chat to me if you want. If you are lonely, sad, left out, or just bored go ahead! I am your person! Have fun out there and tell them straight back to go back to bonfire as well. Just for being so immature over nothing. ^^ Just don't forget i'm here for ya'll. See ya!

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 12:04:26 am »
I frequently discuss the topic on illiteracy in gaming. Someone who's spent too much time around other people and gathering their opinions on one subject has come to learn nothing much at all; as everyone's idea's and beliefs regarding the term "Literate" are completely different to one-another.

The term to me seemingly means someone who can't read or write and has poor knowledge on the English language. Syntax (Which is the formation of words within a given context) has nothing to do with it what-so-ever.

Someone however who tends to use asterisks in role-plays tend to be dubbed more so as lazy with the term "Illiterate" being an umbrella term. It's the same as calling someone fat or ugly. Fat is a term used for both itself and the term ugly: same goes for here.

Though of course not all who use this form are lazy at all, it's just their style and I find it quite unique.

Great topic! <3