Author Topic: How easy is it to make new friends nowadays?  (Read 4908 times)

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
Re: How easy is it to make new friends nowadays?
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »
I too just like to sit and watch. I feel uncomfortable walking up to someone and starting a conversation. Not sure why though. Because of that, yes, it is a bit harder to make friends. But usually if you get into roleplaying, you'll make tons of 'em in no time. Also, I find that just randomly speaking in local, joining in on a conversation, really seems to help.

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Preach

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 03:46:03 pm »
I will have  to say...slightly harder. Part of it I left feralheart due to friend issues and stuff. Just recently I made a rant about it on devainart. I will say finding new friends - loyal, nice, and overall fun are very hard to find. Especially in real life. People in FeralHeart are almost similar to those in real life. The person might not always be your friend and things might not always forever, but at least it was a start. But just to be sure to pick your friends wisely...

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 04:50:02 pm »
I've become extremely introverted in the past years and want to interact, but just can't. Last night though, someone came up and chatted with me about servers and AI's and we even dabbled into ADHD experiences a little before I stopped connecting to the Front Server, which was... A little coincidental if you ask me. Anyways, it's nice when someone comes up to talk rather than me having to go and possibly embarrass myself talking to someone AFK or in the middle of an RP. I'm afraid of doing that. :y And I have noticed that RPs seem harder to find nowadays, or at least, the ones that just spring up by users who might be new and looking to make friends (and I find that notion a little heartwarming).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 04:51:41 pm by Greystar2000 »
Happy Pride Month!

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 07:08:00 pm »
With the new game update, I think it's become a little easier to speak to people for the pure fact that their are more people on than ever. (I want to know where they all were before -chuckles- ) However, Kind of how some are here I'm rather introverted and sometimes hate when I too try to chat to someone not realising they are AFK or in a roleplay: T'is why I have a character dedicated to chatting to people when they want to! But I get how most people here feel about being introverted, I use to be the same if I'm honest. :)

Offline hailtehwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I honestly don't know what to put here.
    • KurokiSenpai
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profil
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 07:21:18 pm »
I have to agree with you floofs with the whole 'messaging someone while AFK' thing. That happened to me yesterday, and I sat there wondering if I'd done something wrong. x)

I've managed to make a friend from this post, though. Someone came up to me yesterday saying about how they'd seen my post and we had a nice conversation c: Hopefully we'll maintain the friendship (if you're seeing this Rvrsd, thank you!).
Player of Feralheart since 2012.
In-game names: allhailtehwolf (lesser used one) and hailtehwolf (most used one)
PM me anytime you want to chat, roleplay, or whatever. c:

Offline Sandytails

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • I rly like robots tbh
    • neon-chann.deviantart.com
    • wildbreak
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2016, 07:56:11 pm »
I used to sit at SB and just join in or start random conversations with the people there! Usually there was always one person up to talk, it's how I made a bunch of friends over the years ^^

Now I just sit on the grounds and join in on conversations but dang...They're always talking, aren't they, haha.
Gif of Bitobae by Deathy <3

Find me on FH with the usernames Sandytails, Clawingeyes, Magolor, Spring-trap and Whirl!

Offline hailtehwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I honestly don't know what to put here.
    • KurokiSenpai
    • http://steamcommunity.com/profil
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 08:14:47 pm »
dang...They're always talking, aren't they, haha.

Yeah. There's them and then you have people spamming movies and stuff like that. x)
Player of Feralheart since 2012.
In-game names: allhailtehwolf (lesser used one) and hailtehwolf (most used one)
PM me anytime you want to chat, roleplay, or whatever. c:

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 08:21:29 pm »
I do agree that it is harder to make friends nowadays as compared to two or three years ago, mainly because  it's a little hard to tell if people really want to be friends with you because they like you, or because of who your friends are. Not only because of that but because the role plays have definetly died down. I remember being so in love with my role plays that I would schedule times throughout the day that I had to meet up with my different groups and would be so sad when I had to leave. I made a lot of close friends and great memories.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 09:37:41 pm »
I must agree with those above me on the difficult friendship. I personally hold friendship VERY exclusively, but I try to acquaint as many people as I can for the sake of politeness and companionship. As of right now I have a small handful of fluffs on this game that I would go so far as to call truly "friends," and I came to considering them as such after years of talking, feelings and joking inside and outside of the game.
However, I acquaint new people almost every day! Just chatting in local is a great way to socialize and meet new people.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 10:09:05 pm »
Personally, I prefer to just sit somewhere, interact with others and be myself.
As for making friends, I just do start talking with them about something and get knowing to them.
Sometimes people are complimenting my character and I am doing the same thing for them or they just come to me and say "hi".
I don't think it's so hard to make friends in FeralHeart, the community is super friendly and welcoming.

Signature art by Kynvuu