Author Topic: [PROTOTYPE DOWNLOAD] Feral Heart Unity Engine Port - Updated 23/09/2016 V0.0.5  (Read 6352 times)

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
    • View Profile
UPDATE 20TH OF OCTOBER 2016
Hey everyone, I just realised I haven't said anything in a while so I thought I'd make a post saying this project isn't dead, I just haven't been making builds for the public and I've been learning how to write C# properly not copy-pasting other people's code from the internet which means there hasn't really been much development of gameplay. Also, I've returned to remaking the original maps instead of the ones from 1.15 since it doesn't feel right converting the new ones. It's basically like stealing from the creators unlike using the maps Kovu abandoned when he disappeared from the community. But anyway, I should have another build with (fingers crossed) working multiplayer by the end of the year if everything goes to plan. :D

Version 0.0.6 Preview

!PLEASE READ!
If you know how to convert OGRE meshes WITH animations attached into a format Unity or Blender can read OR models with proper textures mapped, please PLEASE contact me on skype at tobias.hagen7 or by email at [email protected]

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwqv0BDen5u_WlNBVmRmWmpsNjA
Includes builds for Windows, Linux and Mac.

Changelog:

0.0.5: The last, incomplete build of the game with the old maps. From this point onwards, I'm starting again and porting the new 1.15 maps instead due to being unable to visit the old maps and extract information out of them. Watermill is 90% done and now with a correct flyover camera. I've added a second button on the menu that takes you to an extremely early version of lonely cave. It might be some time before I put out another build since I'm starting from scratch but I do occasionally livestream my progress here: http://www.youtube.com/c/TobiasHagen7/live
0.0.4: Moved the Watermill test map to the main menu and added the flyover cinematic. The play button now takes you to a basic version of Fluorite Plains which is still in 3rd person free cam since player models and movement are still broken but it will now properly pick a random loading image. I'll add a fix to the character movement in with the next update. I also reordered the changelog so newest updates show up on the top (Click and drag to scroll.)
0.0.3: Added main menu screen with placeholder background for now. Removed follow cam due to issues keeping up with player, will add better solution in the next update... Probably.
0.0.2: Game now starts with the camera following the player and movement has been added. Pressing F1 toggles follow cam mode and pressing F2 switches to free cam mode.
0.0.1: Initial build, nothing really that interesting just a model of a lion and a tree on Watermill in free camera mode.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:28:10 pm by Kwibjo »

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: [PROTOTYPE] Porting Feral Heart into the Unity Engine
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:59:36 pm »
Hmm, it's been a few years since I worked with Unity, but, I think you could just group them. Can't remember exactly how, but I think it was something with a select/right click.
This is looking amazing though!

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: [PROTOTYPE] Porting Feral Heart into the Unity Engine
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 10:43:32 pm »
Oh wow! I unfortunately have no idea how to work with these types of things, but I must say, good work :D
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
Re: [PROTOTYPE DOWNLOAD] Feral Heart Unity Engine Port v0.0.3
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 08:13:05 am »
Hmm, it's been a few years since I worked with Unity, but, I think you could just group them. Can't remember exactly how, but I think it was something with a select/right click.
This is looking amazing though!
Oh wow! I unfortunately have no idea how to work with these types of things, but I must say, good work :D

Thank you both! I'm still a in the beginnings of learning C# and Unity but it seems familiar enough from C++, for the most part anyway. :P

I've tried messing around with the UV maps and textures in different programs but with what's exported straight from the .xml (I used the Ogre CLI Converter) is literally impossible to work with unfortunately.

Tools exist like UU3D which can automate this for me but it's little out of my budget which I set for this project ($0USD). Maybe in the future if this does gain enough attention I'll buy it since the game would be a bit bare without proper characters. XD

Not around much anymore but add me on Discord if you want to chat. jellyfish2224

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
Do you plan on releasing this as a remade FH thing?? Like... as its own game project and etc?

Or is it just kind of a test thing?

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
You're doing a fantastic job!
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Kwibjo

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
Do you plan on releasing this as a remade FH thing?? Like... as its own game project and etc?

Or is it just kind of a test thing?

Well, originally it started off more of a goof around in Unity more than anything, but I really started to enjoy porting everything over and it kind of turned into a remake or something. I'm not sure yet, it will probably have to be its own game though because I can't make anything that ties into the current game without its source which Kovu still has. :/

I'll probably give it a new name and change the maps/models so it's not copying FH but that's still a while away I think. Right now I just want to get a framework done and prove (to myself) that something like this is possible since I haven't tried making anything multiplayer or this large before.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:11:14 am by Kwibjo »

Offline FreakAccident

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • http://tophatlady.deviantart.com
    • TortDoll
    • FilthyDrood
    • View Profile
    • Primitive Call
You gonna release the source?? That'd be neat!!
No, I'm not new.
DeviantArt | TopHatLady
Connection Issues? Click me!
Sig By Arborath

Offline Afrus

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bean
    • View Profile
If you'd want any help later on creating textures etc I'd be happy to extend a paw.

Offline JewelWildmoon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ~Inside of Every Demon is a Rainbow~
    • Flippyisadorable
    • Jewel Wildmoon
    • @JewelWildmoon
    • View Profile
Ohhhh this looks interesting :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:20:20 am by JewelFazbear »
The Strength of the Pack is the Wolf, The Strength of the Wolf is the Pack

~~~~~~~~~PM me if ya wanna chat <3~~~~~~~~~