Author Topic: "Active" Groups  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Mist358

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
"Active" Groups
« on: December 13, 2016, 01:53:36 pm »
I don't know if it's just my bad luck or if it happens to everyone, but EVERY. SINGLE. "ACTIVE". ROLEPLAY GROUP was active for 1-7 days, sometimes over a month, and then died. Seriously, is there any active RP left? (except maybe Benevolent wolf pack, but they won't accept me without an RP sample, so it doesn't count)

Or maybe it's because FH is dying in general.

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: "Active" Groups
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 03:15:13 pm »
I have noticed that too. But I am sure there are some groups that are still active, even thought it is hard to find them. I think the lack of group activity is most likely because people get busier and busier and some don't have time to login to their groups, or it could be because of the registration, like since new people can't join as of right now then it decreases the activity of groups.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 09:37:24 pm »
It is rather rare to find an active group indeed. As you said, with FeralHeart dying off, it's rather hard to get groups started and keep them going. There are a couple that are still going though. I'm in The Ebon Circle, and it's a nice group. Not a lot of rp, but we're all really close. And no role play sample is needed.  ;)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 09:42:42 pm »
It's kind of hard to find a group that stays active for a month or two. There are some who will be active for a fairly long time until they go inactive for any number of reasons; school, work, busy life, illness, etc. It happens.
Inactive

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 09:54:17 pm »
I used to be a co leader of a RP group, And yes, Most RP's will go inactive withing a few weeks/months, But as Lady said, It may be because of illness. Same reason as to why the leader in my group couldn't cater for the RP anymore.
But as once as registration opens back up. I think FeralHeart will be full of active and new creative RP's.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Lady_RavenRose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • RavenBlackRose1996
    • View Profile
    • The Kreptic Circle
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 06:19:29 am »
Activity is usually pretty hard for most group. Espically during this time of year when the holidays usually make everyone relatively busy. But Like Arctic said. The Kreptic Circle is relatively active. Even though we have our rough patches. I know there are a few other pretty active groups out there was well o; Could always check out TKC or Red Ravage.

Offline Mist358

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 03:30:22 pm »
*considers joining TKC*

↑click↑
Suodimi is a brand new multispecies animal roleplay where you can play as all species of birds and bats, and all species of South American cats.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 12:21:06 am »
Yeah, I've been noticing this a lot too. I think it's just the lack of new members coming in combined with a large number of older members leaving. It seems to just be a low period of activity in general. There'll still be some groups around. You just gotta look around hard enough.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline TheOneAndOnlyy

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Winter has Come
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 12:15:35 am »
Yeah, I can see that active roleplays have becoming scarce now a days, but let's be honest here, roleplays dying in the matter of a week has been a common occurrence since the dawn of time xD But I bet there will always be new ones popping up here and there. Just got to find the right one for you and enjoy the time you spend in that group :D

Legendary~Grace

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 04:35:02 am »
It is a common thing to see. A lot of rps tend to be created, have a big popularity, and then die off. It's kind of like trends, bottle-flipping, whipping, and dabbing. That's what I think of it as. I haven't really been looking for any groups to join lately since I have been and still am busy leading Pack of the Intrepidus, but maybe try watching for groups at The Grounds. See who recruits often and whisper the group creator and ask about the group. Ask them how long the group has been running. Stuff like that. When I used to join groups, I'd take forever to find a group suitable for me to join because I'd look at all the details. See when they got online, how dedicated the group truly was, and look for key information.

When joining a group, if you're looking for a long-term group that won't die off. I'd look at the leader or leaders. What they're like, is what the group will be like. I pay attention to the leaders mainly, the group will follow the leader. You want an active group? Find an active leader who is willing to do whatever for their group and has characteristics you look for in a group.

Some good groups I know of are The Benevolent Wolf Pack, The Malevolent Wolf Pack, The Kreptic Circle, Creatures of Yugure, and my own roleplay group Pack of the Intrepidus. These groups have leaders that are determined to do whatever for their group and it shows. These groups have been around for ages. I wish you luck and hope this helped. :D