Author Topic: New Preset Sync and How to Use it?  (Read 906 times)

Offline Yemoja

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
New Preset Sync and How to Use it?
« on: September 30, 2018, 02:06:14 am »
I'm a bit new to feralheart, and I downloaded the preset link - but I'm unsure how to actually use the presets. Am I even supposed to be able to use them? So far I've downloaded free presets from other sites since I literally don't know how to use the preset sync. I am able to see the public preset folder and all the preset files inside, I just don't know what to do with them - or how to use them (if I even can). Can someone help? Thanks !

LonesomeRider

Re: New Preset Sync and How to Use it?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 02:12:55 am »
The presets in "PublicPresets" are ones uploaded by other members, for you to be able to see. The "PrivatePresets" is where you'll place files of someone's elses that aren't uploaded.
Presets within preset sync are not for use by anyone besides the member that uploads them~

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 02:13:29 am »
You do not use the presets in Preset Sync, as it only enables you to see those who've uploaded their preset files.

However, there are many free-to-use presets around that I am sure you'd be interested in.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Flurr

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 02:15:43 am »
Hello there! The preset sync doesn't let you get a preset that has all the files and code within it. You can not wear the presets yourself. What the sync comes with are these files that are called fhp. files. They are presets that other users have made an then they export them from the preset maker and then it becomes a fhp. file and goes to the presets folder. The file has all the code and preset files within it and you can not open it and edit it. If you want to upload a preset to the sync, just go to your user panel and log in and scroll down and there should be a upload preset thing and you click it. You then click on a file that has "YourUsername.fhp" and then upload It! You cannot upload other people's fhp files though and I'm not sure if it will still work if you have changed your username, but it will If you export a preset with a new username change it should work! c:

Hope that helps you!