Author Topic: old map creator creations  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Draggonne

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
old map creator creations
« on: November 19, 2021, 08:24:36 am »
Hey, I'm a returning player and I was just wondering how to access old map creations? I assume they're stored in the actual app on the original computer and not linked to the account at all. But if there is any way to recover the maps I made I would be interested to know how! Thanks!

Offline BloodWinsAll

• G o d
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Feels like I'm going insane
    • Firesong-stormi
    • Firesong
    • View Profile
Re: old map creator creations
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 12:01:47 pm »
Unfortunately, Map creations (and all other additions to the game such as presets, objects, items, textures, etc) are all stored within the FH folder. If you deleted your folder when uninstalling the game without creating a backup there is no way to get those files back. The same can happen if you're reinstalling the game with a fresh folder, the only thing that comes with the game is the default maps, items, objects, markings, etc.

Sorry to hear about those files! I tend to upload all my creations to dropbox or google drive just in case (if I were to leave or need to reinstall).

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 11:51:28 pm »
Unfortunately, Map creations (and all other additions to the game such as presets, objects, items, textures, etc) are all stored within the FH folder. If you deleted your folder when uninstalling the game without creating a backup there is no way to get those files back. The same can happen if you're reinstalling the game with a fresh folder, the only thing that comes with the game is the default maps, items, objects, markings, etc.

Sorry to hear about those files! I tend to upload all my creations to dropbox or google drive just in case (if I were to leave or need to reinstall).

an addendum to this, if you deleted your old fh folder you can always check the recycle bin if you deleted your original feral-heart folder and restore it, i have rescued a thing or two by doing that.
if you got the game all over again and replaced everything? unfortunately it's gone for good.
best of luck
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower
see you, space cowboy..

Offline Draggonne

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 08:06:52 am »
Its more that I'm an old player and I wanted to come back. I have installed on a completely new computer, so would have no idea how to access the files :( thanks for the help anyway

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 04:19:52 pm »
Its more that I'm an old player and I wanted to come back. I have installed on a completely new computer, so would have no idea how to access the files :( thanks for the help anyway

The only way to access your old files would be to take them off of your old computer if they're still on there by using like a external hard drive or USB and then putting them onto your new computer. That being said, a fresh install of FeralHeart is not going to have any of your old files since it is attached to the folder it was originally in. Sorry, but unless you still have your old computer and your old computer still has FH installed, there's no way to get those maps back.

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!