Author Topic: Darker at Night?  (Read 7962 times)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
Re: Darker at Night?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 02:21:08 am »
I agree, if Feral Heart was more realistic with it's graphics that would make for a much more enjoyable experience. Shadows would be great as well, but I know that shadows could cause a lot of lag. But one little detail that I want to mention. When it rains, and you are inside a den, the rain goes through to den. It would be more realistic if the rain would bounce off or run down the mesh. That would take a lot of coding though, I'm guessing. So the rain could simply not go inside the mesh. X3

Offline Tearless

• The strange artist about whom your mother warned you...
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 81
  • Weird Absentee Uncle
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 12:39:31 am »
Love this idea, and may I also say it would be great if the night sky itself was a dark navy instead of the fully-saturated blue violet thing it has going on now. For objects/characters, it would be pretty easy to change the materials to make them get dark at night, though it might be nicer if they didn't go all yellow during the day as a result. Not sure, but I think that's also map lighting...

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 03:30:38 am »
This is a great idea! It would be alot more realistic and a great feature ingame. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned before, Great job.  I can just imagine nighttime now and prowling around as my characters. Hehe

THE TRUTH IS HERE

The answers lie within

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:31:39 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline OkariCheetah

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 09:09:56 pm »
i realy like this idea of the night being darker, it would be realistic and more fun in my opinion.

theorca55

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 08:53:02 pm »
I like this idea. Certain eyes should be able to see in the dark. There should be a feature to make the eyes glow, like Red mentioned earlier in the topic, but it should be toggleable.

Offline safarirun123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Sexy *_* _IWANNALIVEINLANDOFLOTRTABLEFLIP_
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 09:57:59 pm »
I Loveee this idea infact I made a topic about this not knowing this one exsisted but it would make night hunting and stalking so much Funnest and more more realistic.
~             ~  * ~    Crystal   ~ * ~          ~

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 05:06:27 pm »
Wonderful idea but be thankful FH has night.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »
This idea goes well with the moon-phases idea I've seen someone suggest somewhere.

It's a great idea. Darker shadows and such, with a more realistic sky, and glowing eyes.
Bwahah. It would make stalking that much more effective. x3

Thierry

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 08:25:15 pm »
I believe, the only way to do this is to reduce the ambient light in each material script of every object,, and maybe is not totally posible for the terrain or the characters, and is a lot of work compared to edit the game source code to reduce the global night ambient light.
someone should try...

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 09:15:06 pm »
i've actually had this idea for a few months now. I keep complaining to my sister that FeralHearts nights are just unrealistic for how light they are. I used to complain about that on his previous game IT. Since FH is more realistic with the models i was hoping he'd at least make night time realistic. However since he's probably too busy or he probably won't do it im going to see if i can. I'd love the game more and probably play it more often if it had these realistic features in. I think it'd make the game alot more enjoyable. For people who just laze around or for RP's.