Author Topic: What Is Your Favourite Dog Breed And Why??  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Charlie-101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
What Is Your Favourite Dog Breed And Why??
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:24:30 am »
What is your favourite breed of dog and why??

Ok so I have been thinking a lot about my future (because i'm that ambitious lol) and I was hoping to settle down and have a dog but then I started thinking what type of dog would be best for me. Now since I have grown up around dogs on my dad's side of the family I can adjust to one being around the house whereas my mother hates dogs (because when she was little she was pinned up against a wall by three jack russells who started biting and mauling her and the owner did nothing about it so she is now scared of dogs) So I can't have a dog in the house.

(Don't really know why I told you that to be honest but tada little spoiler about my family and dogs haha xD)

So i've narrowed the breeds down to two and they are:

-Doberman Pinscher

I adore dobermans they have a unique quality about them despite the bad reputation they have been given by careless owners. They are loyal, obedient, courageous, protective and perfect company (I think). I like the fact that they are short haired meaning I wouldn't have to brush them frequently. But they do need a lot of exercise, which I am good at :p we have a couple of large forests around us which would be perfect to go and let the dog run loose for a couple of hours along with the fact I hope to do agility with my dog ^^

And the...

-Staffordshire Bull Terrier

My first real dog with my dad was a gorgeous red staffy called Kiera, she was really smart and obedient, clumsy at times but a real sturdy dog. She was that placid and docile that she wouldn't hurt a fly (no joke). I love that staffies are small and compact but have such a huge personality and although they do need a firm hand when looking at training... doesn't every dog? I know this breed like the pitbull has been given really bad reputations but personally I think it's the owner's fault that the dogs turn out to be aggressive.

Ok so there you have it my ideal dogs now what I would like to know is what are your favourite breeds and why and whether you would show them in dog contests or just have them as a loving family pet? ^^
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:26:05 am by ?JD? »
'If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together!' ~Thorin Oakenshield

Offline mfmm

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Some love 1. some love 2, I love 1 and that is you
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe to my YT channel if u think this smile is cute: x3
Re: What Is Your Favourite Dog Breed And Why??
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 11:14:29 am »
I love my dog, which is a mix of two types of dogs.
She is like this:

Her name is: Meggy

So my fav dog type is the Shetland Sheepdog. Here you have a image of how it might look:

Why? Because I love the way that this type of dog looks, because I like the personality, and because they really can be protective dogs and also that they need to run, you know that we need to walk them everyday for like 1 hour or more so, it will make me walk more than the usual ;) They also are very loyal and obedient dogs. Which I love x3

Hope you like this type of dog too!
PS: Shelties thrive on the farm, but adapt to many living situations if given proper exercise.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:26:10 am by ><Chayla>< »

You havent lost your smile at all, it is right under your nose.

Offline Beasty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:32:11 am »
My favorite dog? My American Pitbull. When a lot of people think about pitbulls they probaly think about the vicious, fighting, nontrustable pitbull. But we bought ours from a local trusted breeder. They're one of the most loyal dog breeds. They can be very hyper at times but can be trained not to be. Not the best choice for someone living in the city though.

Offline XxBlitzxX

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:41:13 pm »
German Shepherds. They are very lovable doggies, like Sammie, my German shepherd.

Sam is a very loyal, loving German Shepherd and will do anything for a ball. She's the best family dog evar (She's very aggressive to other dogs though, but she loves our husky.) and she'll always be there for me c:. She just turned 5 this September! So olddd.. So very, very old...

The End.

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 09:27:45 pm »
Huskies because they're very popular, lovable, loyal, and well... cute :3

Dis be Buddy

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 10:58:30 pm »
German Shepherd of course! :D Very loyal and intelligent, they're the third smartest dog breed in the world you know? ;) They make excellent guard dogs and they are just adorable! I miss my shepherd, Schultz, hes turning 9 this year and im not there :'(
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Sunpaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Hi. I'm not a Warrior Cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 12:28:49 am »
1. Xoloitzcuintli, because they remind me of chupacabras
2. Shiba inu, because fluffy curly-tailed dogs
3. Kai inu, because yay cute curly-tailed dog
4. Shikoku inu, also because they're fluffy and curly-tailed
5. Hokkaido inu, again because curly curl tails
6. Ibizan hound, I love their slender appearance and big ears
7. Turkish/Kurdish kangal, Because I would love to hug one of those big dogs.
8. Any of the breeds considered to be "pit bull" dogs.

Wow, I have a thing for curly-tailed Japanese breeds. They're awesome, and their tails remind me of those curly fries at Arby's.
-Insert clever signature that most likely includes an overused quote that everyone has heard on YouTube-