Author Topic: Can't find snowy objects  (Read 1185 times)

Offline IceaPlayzPC

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • *Insert Christmas song here*
    • EbonyShadowCat
    • c/IceaPlayzPC
    • EbonyShadowCat
    • iceaplayzpc
    • iceaplayzpc
    • View Profile
Can't find snowy objects
« on: January 08, 2019, 06:22:30 am »
So, yesterday i downloaded the patch and i fell in love with Kibou ridge, and i was very pleased to see more winter-like objects in the game (such as snowy logs and snowy IT fir trees as well as the "ice rocks"), Although to my surprise, these objects are nowhere to be found in the map maker's object section or even in the objects folder in the files. Are the absence of these new snowy objects intentional or no? If not where are they located so i can add them in Object Maker? I'm just curious because i've always wanted to make a nice snowy map but there wasn't enough objects for me to use in 1.15. I understand if the hiding of them is intentional ^^

Thanks in advance for the response! ^_^

My most active characters are Orpalea and Leotie. Fine me ingame as one of these characters!

Offline Notorious.

• Cinnamon Roll
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • Noto for short
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find snowy objects
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:35:01 pm »
I'm not so sure if there's normally default snow meshes that are given to you in your objects but I feel like I've seen rocks with snow on top of them in the rock file. I'm pretty sure they're all called "Rock#" but you should go through them. But other than that, I had to download meshes to get more snow objects. Here's a good snow pack that I found by Glave!

https://www.deviantart.com/glavethealbino/art/Snow-Set-284392322

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 09:12:09 pm »
Hello! The standard snow-covered rocks are available in the "MyRocks" folder, labeled "<insert rock type here> 5". The ice rocks, however, are intentionally not there for you to use. However, they do use two textures from the terrains files "ice 2" and "ice". To assign these textures to the rocks, you'll have to open up the rocks .material file, copy-paste one of them to the bottom, give it a new name, and assign the texture as one of those two. If you like, you can copy-paste the textures themselves into the "rocks" folder. Then you'll go into Object Maker, load a rock, and then go to the second tab labeled "mesh," and change the "material" line into what you named the material for your ice rock. Save it with a new name either into your MyRocks group or create a new one, and voila! You now have ice rocks!

As for the actual snow piles that surround the portal in Ficho Tunnels in case you would like those as well, those shouldn't be too hard to also make yourself. Take a snow texture from the terrain files, do the same thing you did for the ice rocks. Only now, before you save it, on the "Mesh" tab there should be a checkbox that says "own collision" and is ticked off. Go ahead and turn that off, then save it.

Offline IceaPlayzPC

• Curious Wanderer
    • EbonyShadowCat
    • c/IceaPlayzPC
    • EbonyShadowCat
    • iceaplayzpc
    • iceaplayzpc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 12:12:16 am »
Ahh thanks so much for the help with the icy rocks!

Although i'm also looking for the snowy logs and snowy fir trees (for context i mean the ones seen in impressive title also known as the tall fir trees within feral heart's map maker) found in Kibou Ridge as well, are those intentionally not in the game as well like the ice rocks (at least not in the objects list by default)?

Thanks again for the help ^^ It's so much appreciated ^_^

(Apologies if i'm sounding a bit vague on my descriptions... i'm terrible at explaining things at times)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 12:40:36 am by IceaPlayzPC »

My most active characters are Orpalea and Leotie. Fine me ingame as one of these characters!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 04:57:02 pm »
None of the ice/snow objects you see in Kibou made it into the game because the staff that had these files were not contacted about it before the patch's release (we hadn't yet returned to the team)

Unfortunately you're going to have to manually change the textures and rename the objects yourself. Lem0ntart explained this for rocks, and the same can be applied to other meshes
Farewell everyone<3

Offline IceaPlayzPC

• Curious Wanderer
    • EbonyShadowCat
    • c/IceaPlayzPC
    • EbonyShadowCat
    • iceaplayzpc
    • iceaplayzpc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 01:08:50 am »
Ahh okay. Thanks for the help!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 05:34:06 am »
You're welcome! I'll be locking this up now as your initial question has been answered. If you need help with retexturing (or anything) feel free to make a new post~ c:
Farewell everyone<3