Author Topic: The evolution of Azura!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
The evolution of Azura!
« on: April 09, 2018, 05:15:51 am »

As you all know, Azura here has been my main for well over two years. She's my sona, based off me even, and takes the cake at being my longest surviving OC I've ever had (which I take pride in I might add).

But ever wondered....where did she come from? What sparked the idea of her? Hmm??

Well fear not children, gather round and let me spin you a tale of....uh....basically hell. I won't go into detail on the rp she is in (that's all on my ToyHouse) but the general idea of where she came from.

So once upon a time....back around Christmas of 2015 I returned to the beautiful land of FeralHeart. And a couple of weeks later....randomly made a black and purple wolf named...Azura. She was an edgy...punky...goth thing that wore earrings, spiked collar, and spiked bracelets. BUUUUT I loved her.

And then I discovered Undertale. And Azura slowly transitioned into a human Undertale OC. And it shows. Even though she is no longer considered an Undertale OC, you can still see her abilities are based on Sans's (mostly shown in the glowing eye, that's it.) Eventually I threw her into the horrible world of Daedalus Industries and that's where she took off, becoming more of a sona than a character. I grew such an attachment to her that eventually she even came to represent me in many areas.

But above...I'm going to show you the literal evolution of Azura on FeralHeart.
1. GOOD GOD WHAT IS THIS??? This is actually the earliest picture I have of Azura...soon after the Daedalus rp took off. WHAT THE HECK?? What's that color? Why is her hair made of mustard? WHY DOES SHE LOOK LIKE A HIPSTER PUNK?? Man I don't know but I'm so glad that's long gone. The fact the picture is grainy makes it better. Makes it seem like you're looking at a creature of myth and legend. Like Bigfoot or something. Let's keep it that way.
(There were many design changes of course but those are all lost to history...and it should stay that way.)

2. The final presetless design, and the current design underneath the presets. Seems really nice actually, it's just not totally accurate.

3. My first...preset I ever did of her...around the end of 2016. Back then I was still learning presets so it was just....ech...gross. Omg.

4. The wonderful V.2 that was done by Hakumi. Was a very very lovely design and was the updated version (added more scars she has obtained through the rp). However...she had no eyebrows. And it sorta spooked me. Azura...you need eyebrows. You're not one of those heathen women that shave theirs and have to draw them in everyday. -shudders-

5. And finally...the final design. I decided to randomly spice her FH design up and omggggg I love it. My skills have gotten a bit better and I think it shows. Sleeker texture, rather nice scarring, and a few new markings just to make her less boring!

So yeah that's basically it! Where Azura came from, where she is now...all that good stuff. She's seriously grown to be such a part of me it's...rather awesome. I can't even imagine ever getting rid of her or just...letting her fade away like past characters. Gotten a lot of art, I rp with her a lot as well and it's just...amazing. And other people seem to like her too, which is the best!

Ok I'll shut up now! Thanks for tuning in!

Rizzla

Re: The evolution of Azura!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 06:40:00 pm »
this was really interesting to read!!! i love hearing about how other people's characters have evolved since mine have as well and i'm proud of the progress. might do something like this someday! thank you for sharing. ;>