1 (20%)
No
2 (40%)
Maybe
1 (20%)
I do not know
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Centers Map???? Need opinions  (Read 1431 times)

Offline DivineHeroine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Keep that fiery faith.
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • GoldenAngelDragon
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • View Profile
Centers Map???? Need opinions
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:59:25 am »
What if there is a map with all the "Centers" in it? (Mate Center, Adoption Center, Role Play Search Center, Help Center etc) Why not have a map with the terrains designed together with words and maybe numbers? It would be better if we have that map so that the "Centers" do not have to keep on advertising. Besides there are those that need to role play and stuff. It would be easier and more simple. Maybe there could be some managers there. Maybe not. But it - in my opinon- would help a lot.

Why not have a different kind of report button? There are certain people with certain computers that do not have the print screen button. Why not Make the report button act as a screenshot taker along with allowing you to explain what was happening and being able to use a Feral Heart pen tool or highlighter or something for Feral Heart to use?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:31:51 am by DivineAngelHero »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Centers Map???? Need opinions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 04:46:43 am »
Someone else in one of the recent posts mentioned the map for all the centers. I think it would be a convenient idea but at the same time it sounds like the makings of something chaotic because the "centers" can get very large themselves. Often there can be a ton of people all at once starting groups or centers and if that was all gathered up in one place that map would have to be big. Think about how many pups will gather at the adoption center alone then people coming to pick them up and others gathering, or partner with a mate at the mate center or to join a group RP in that same map... It could clear up other maps like Fluorite and Bonfire but at the same time it will just become the new Fluorite/Bonfire with all the lag and madness. The other problem is that Kovu intends to keep the game as realistic as possible and a map with words or numbers thats organized for the centers would kind of ruin that idea unless it was changed to look more natural some how. I do like the idea but maybe it would have to be improved some way to make it more workable.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:50:02 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:45:12 am »
The majority of these centers are far from organized, and in order for an idea like this to even work the users must know that this is the map they should go to.

New users would most likely not know where this map would be at nor that it would be used for these things, while slightly older members being these "Centers" probably just want to be where all the users are at to get a purpose out of being a "something center", which means they'd just go wherever they feel like, and there's not really anything that says they cannot do it in another map unless we'd make up a new saying "Only centers in this map", which I honestly would find a tad bit silly.

As far as realism goes in the game I don't find anything an issue since wings, dashing and even items has been implemented.

But I honestly do not think a advertising map as we think of here would work that well, especially if they are for the centers that we usually see in bonfire, they have lack of organization and some of them do not even know manners or the game rules  they should follow. Chaotic as mentioned above is probably a good word of what would happen there.

The print screens function that's linked to the prnt screen button, you should be able to edit inside of the options menu if I remember correctly. If so you can bind it to any key you like on the keyboard so it's not an excuse. And the thing with have a public report button that we used to, is to have a good and working way for this to go through. Even though this report button never really worked, 90% of the time when I heard someone talk about reporting someone using this it was out of extremely dumb and personal drama, in a game like FeralHeart, I honestly think reporting cannot be done "that" easy since many of the members will abuse this function, and I do not think staff wish to spend every single hour of their free time reading these reports, even if some of them would turn out legit.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

SoulRevenge

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:15 am »
As Red said above, 'centers' and such are far from being organized.

I don't think that center's should get their own maps or anything of the sort- they aren't even 'official' to the game or anything of the sort; simply something normal, everyday users decided to create that alot of people think as a great convience.
(I don't though.. XDD)

Offline DivineHeroine

• Keep that fiery faith.
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • GoldenAngelDragon
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:08:32 pm »
Someone else in one of the recent posts mentioned the map for all the centers. I think it would be a convenient idea but at the same time it sounds like the makings of something chaotic because the "centers" can get very large themselves. Often there can be a ton of people all at once starting groups or centers and if that was all gathered up in one place that map would have to be big. Think about how many pups will gather at the adoption center alone then people coming to pick them up and others gathering, or partner with a mate at the mate center or to join a group RP in that same map... It could clear up other maps like Fluorite and Bonfire but at the same time it will just become the new Fluorite/Bonfire with all the lag and madness. The other problem is that Kovu intends to keep the game as realistic as possible and a map with words or numbers thats organized for the centers would kind of ruin that idea unless it was changed to look more natural some how. I do like the idea but maybe it would have to be improved some way to make it more workable.
Hmm ok. :) I get it now.

Offline DivineHeroine

• Keep that fiery faith.
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • GoldenAngelDragon
    • divine-angel-heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 01:11:26 pm »
Alright this idea is closed then. *throws to a garbage can.* Sorry for the double post that was a silly accident.