Poll

Would You Join?

Yes
No

Author Topic: How Would You Feel If You Were Asked To Be A Moderator?  (Read 39075 times)

Rizzla

Re: How Would You Feel If You Were Asked To Be A Moderator?
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2016, 01:22:10 am »
Oh, haha... I'd be flattered, believe me, but I would definitely have to decline. As much as I love to help people, my social skills are so bad that if people were to actually depend on me for in-game moderation I would be too nervous to log on ever. Plus there's the thought that people might hate me for doing my job because they think I'd done something "unfair"... ehh... well... that's a big ol' bag of "hell naw im not doin that' for me.

Offline ToxicWolf9876

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • got nothing to say
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2016, 11:45:13 pm »
i would be surprised but i would say no because im not even a good administrator/mod so i would be shocked too but i wouldnt accept tbh

my in-game username is "toxicwolf" and you'll rarely find me

Offline RenegadeRaptor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • The Wiccan Wolf
    • http://reccewolf.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2016, 04:04:10 am »
If I was offered, Im stuck between accepting and declining... I would accept to help the community out, become friends with new people, but at the same time I would decline because I am not so power driven, nor would the whole taking on the responsibility would be my niche... plus I would feel like a let down to close friends of mine. Sure some of them would be happy for me, but to me it wouldn't feel the same. Like I said though if I was offered it, Id have to think about it and talk it out.

~Recce~

I Ship It!

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2016, 04:07:18 am »
I honestly don't know how I would react and there's reasons why I'd decline. Just because being a moderator is a tough responsibility and I know I won't be ready for it for a long time to come. I'm still young and I'm still growing. Being a moderator may be too much for me.

Offline NaiaRulez

• Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Sorry, did I roll my eyes out loud?
    • naiafh
    • naiafh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2016, 09:22:06 am »
I would obviously be delighted because the staff choose me, but I would be very confused too.
I mean, I've been moderator and administrator in some IT servers or in TLK forums, so I know that being part of the staff is a big responsability... But I? being moderator in Feral Heart? In a such big community? There are over 10.000 users in here, how can I control such massive number of users?
Most importantly, school and dance lessons are first; I just finished middle school and after summer I'm starting high school... and about dance lessons, I proposed to work so hard this year to impress all my friends and my teacher who's my mother.
In conclusion, I guess I would decline it, maybe if I were asked if I were older I would accept xD
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:25:16 am by KeyraLioness »

Find me in-game as NaiaRulez

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2016, 08:01:43 am »
That'd be very surprising, although I may like helping out communities and helping people out, I don't think I could invest much in that position. Heck, I'm not even a people's person, sure I have experience in coordinating and building communities at a moderate level, but those were localised groups that existed outside the internet, so it should be quite difficult for me to actually engage with the community directly. And in conclusion, I would rather not.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2016, 09:26:06 am »
*Old thread bump*  I'd be really surprised, but i'd be the best ever, i'd try to help people where i could and people could ask me stuff and i'd give them the best answer i could, and i'd be really approachable.

And probably change the flag of one of the nations on here to be a flightless bird with lasers coming out of its eyes, because that's be cool.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline FluffyPluff123

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Top Howler of the North
    • View Profile
    • Crimson Bloods Pack Website
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2016, 01:16:36 pm »
I would be really shocked, and be speechless like O..M..G

Offline Algebra

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • missalgebra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2016, 09:38:34 pm »
I'd definitely decline. I'd rather be something that involves programming since thats what I excel at :P

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2016, 10:29:39 pm »
I might actually accept if given the option to become a mod, not out of wanting a high title or any of that but to better myself and my skills to help others as well as having a positive influence on the community. Since my schedule is made almost entirely of free time it would not be a problem at all. I would be surprised of course since offers like that do not usually get extended to me because in my past I was always the quiet one, however, I have tried to improve my ability to be outgoing and have come a long way from where I started. I feel I would qualify for the parts of being a moderator that I know about, it's the parts I don't know about that leave me wondering if I even have a chance.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.