Author Topic: The Grounds Crashing  (Read 1008 times)

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
The Grounds Crashing
« on: August 26, 2019, 03:49:27 am »
Well, second topic of the day on a roll lol!

So, finally am in the game, playing and first time I tried to enter the Grounds from Lonely Cave, It worked fine! I started to talk to people and everything seemed fine, but then my game suddenly crashed, so I tried again and every time I would try to load into the map with the same character, it kept crashing. I even sent that character Home through the User Panel here on the site, and tried to enter the map through Lonely Cave and still same result, crashed.

All of the mods I do have are compatible and updated to fit this version of the game, I do not have ENB or any Graphic Enhancers.

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: The Grounds Crashing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 03:55:32 am »
Op! I fixed it! Somehow a .psd file got into the presets folder lol! Im able to enter The Grounds now!

Edit: It crashed again after a few minutes....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:05:12 am by JordyWild »

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 08:37:47 am »
Okies, so have you tried switching your game's rendering system to the opposite of what you're using?

If so, perhaps try unistalling Directx 9 and reinstalling it using this.

Let me know how you go!

Offline JordyWild

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 07:11:21 pm »
I actually managed to get it working last night! Basically I just had to redownload and replace the terrains folder, hopefully i wont have anymore problems!

Edit: So just tried logging in for the first time today and the problem is reoccurring, I repeated everything I did last night: Sending the character home via user panel and re-entering The Grounds from Lonely Cave (failed), replaced the terrains folder (failed) and i changed my rendering system to Direct3DX9 and that did not work either... I then tried to uninstall it as you said and then tried to reinstall it, but it said that a newer version was already installed onto my computer and that no further installation was necessary..Im not sure if I uninstalled it correctly or not cause im not sure how to exactly..XD

I am at such a loss..Ill continue looking through the main directory and subfolders, making sure there are no duplicates, if I get it working again ill re-edit this message.

Edit 2: Well...*knocks on wood* I think I finally have got it working..This is the third time I've logged in today and the last two times it has yet to crash, keeping my fingers crossed..
All i had to do was reinstall the game entirely and then I slowly started to add my stuff back (interface, fur textures, animations) I have yet to re-add my podium, screenshots and presets, kinda scared to do anything rn XD
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:43:41 am by JordyWild »

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 05:15:43 am »
I'm glad it's working so far! That's good news indeed. I hope it stays that way for you.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 02:17:45 pm »
I'm just guessing at the moment, but since it only happened while you were playing as well as being in The Grounds where most players tend to go, and with presets installed, it is likely that their is a problem with one of the presets you have downloaded and every time that preset had to be loaded, the game would crash. One example of a problem being a preset using a special .cg or .program file for outline or shading effects, which is guaranteed to crash someone else's game if they don't have the same special files installed (these files do not come with the vanilla game).
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 01:04:16 am »
When installing the podium, screens, and presets add each file in slowly and test the game after installing each one. If one of them causes your game to crash, you know exactly which one is the root of the issue. If you need the default game files, Bawfle has a Back-Up Default FeralHeart download here.