Author Topic: SkyGazers (WIP)  (Read 1925 times)

Galaxyshadow

SkyGazers (WIP)
« on: April 11, 2016, 07:00:27 pm »
~SkyGazers~

Kingdom:     Animalia
Phylum:       Chordata
Class:   Mammalia
Order:   Carnivora
Family:   Canidae
Subfamily:      Caninae
Tribe:   Canini
Genus:   Necropic
Species:       N. Lupus

Binomial Name:
          Necropic lupus (White Eyed Wolf)
(Necropic is a word I myself had made up therefore I had also created the meaning; White eyed)

Appearance:
The SkyGazer is almost always a dark color. Their base color is either dark grey to black, markings are possible but are slightly less common. If they do have marking they are often are bright color standing out from the base color. It is more common for males to have markings than females, for attracting a mate. The mane type doesn't necessarily matter, just ensure that males have tufts with a back mane and the females do not have tufts but they have a back mane. The mane is often a dull bluish grey. The eyes are completely white but do change color depending on the color of their alpha's eyes.

Creation, How To

Creating these fascinating and interesting creatures is actually quite easy.

Step 1:
The Basics

First off, to making a SkyGazer you must choose the species; Canine. Next you must adjust the muzzle at it's lowest size. Then, move onto the nose, ignore the cheeks as they do not need to be adjusted but you may if you'd like. Ignore the ears and forehead, and skip to the weight. You may choose any weight but don't make it too skinny, extremely skinny dogs are often seen as having an illness. Ensure to adjust the height according to the gender and age, keep the weight and length at it's lowest. If female, move the height just above where the bar would normally be; in the middle. For a male, move it slightly higher than where the female's height would be.

Step 2:
Derpington

Next tab, now you may choose a tail. The normal tail is a wolf tail, or Thin Tail. If a SkyGazer is tailess they are not able to show their dominance therefore easily cast to the lowest ranks. You may choose any mane you'd like, none at all. When choosing the ear type you shall choose the back ears, normal ears are extremely rare in this breed. When choosing tufts, males have full tufts, well at least most do. The females often just have back mane but it varies.

Step 3:
Markings and Eyes

The eye type must be this kind of eye; full orb, glowing orb. The eyes are an important identification tag to the species, showing what alpha they may belong to.
Markings, you may choose any markings as long as they are small, and do not block out the background pelt color. The markings are often neon type colors but they can be any color.

Step 4:
Coloration

The pelt is to be from black to white, black being the most common and white being the rarest. All shades of greys in between from darkest to lightest go from most common to uncommon.
The mane can be any color, but is commonly a dull bluish grey.
The underbelly is the same color as the pelt, the same for under the eyes and above the eyes, as well as the tail tip.
Ensure to make the eyes white if your character is a rogue, if your character is in a pack their eyes will be the color of their alpha's eyes.

All Done!!!!

Behavior

Rogue Life:

A SkyGazer can get lonely fairly quickly without a pack to belong to. Survival is just a downright pain in the backside. Hunting is nearly impossible unless you plan to hunt 80 times a day. Without a pack, you don't seem to fit in anywhere, being chased off, pushed around, and kills being taken, is quite common for that of the rogue to deal with.
A rogue SkyGazer may never set down within a territory or den, rogues are nomadic, therefore they do not live in a specific location. They move along, living off the land as they move. Without a territory it becomes harder to set a place to hunt and raise pups. Without a territory they don't have a home.

Pack Life:
A SkyGazer within a pack is often happier than that of a rogue. They live within a set bordered area that they thrive within. The pack is organized throughout a hierarchy, ranking from highest to lowest. Each pack is lead by the wolf that either started the pack or became the leader. There are two leaders called the Alpha's. They are often mates, but sometimes this is not done. The alpha's are the boss over all the others within the pack. The alpha male controlling the males easily during the breeding season and vice versa for the alpha female

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:20:28 am by Anna Garrow »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: SkyGazers (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:36:51 pm »
Sounds like a cool species so far! Can't wait to see more about them! c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 08:18:32 pm »
Oooo! Very interesting indeed! Can't wait to see them!

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 09:54:00 pm »
Very interesting so far c;
Can't wait to read more ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Galaxyshadow

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 06:59:58 pm »
I'm glad you guys think the species is interesting. I would put pics up but my computer is just ridiculous. Anyway, the design of the species is quite simple. The only thing that is truly interesting about the species is how it reacts within a pack.. but thanks for looking

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 07:05:26 pm »
Wow, this is quite the species! It's clear the work you put into designing it was quite extensive.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya