Author Topic: Great Fan + wants to help improving the game even more :D  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Revi Wolfe

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Great Fan + wants to help improving the game even more :D
« on: January 10, 2012, 03:16:41 pm »
I dunno if this is the best topic to be in so give a scream if I did something wrong.

Now I have been playing this game for at least a week now and Im So satisfied with the gamemechanics that I am insisted to help the makers with improving the 3D models ( NOT the characters because those are just gorgeous).
Now I have been looking around and I must say that the maps are very nice places to RP in ( Im a big Roleplayer geek XD) but that im afraid that some models dont really look like they should look.

example: some textures look a bit weird and stretched and I exactly know why. ( I wont give explanation yet since Im not even sure if i can be a part of help)
Also some collisions  ( rocks ) Dont quite seem to be good.

Dont think im suddenly kicking this game into the ground saying everything is ugly. No.
Im actually amazed how it's made and thats why I want to be a helper since:
1: I have always honoured persons who are able to make community games like these
2: Im studieing Gamedesign  in the Netherlands / Utrecht and this can be a great oppertunity to improve my skills and future.

What I am capable off is 3D and 2D. Though I'm now here for wanting to help on the 3D background models and 2D textures because I know for sure this game can look even better.
I'd also would love to help you people to look for some problems so those can be fixed first before the game gets improved.

-hah this almost sounds like a sollicitation, but believe me. Im a hard worker and really like to do commisions/assignments  and I'd love to help people especially with these kind of things.

So I hope you understand what I want and I wish goodluck on further maintemance on the game :D

Xxx Revi

Offline Shayne

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Great Fan + wants to help improving the game even more :D
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:32:47 am »
maybe you can help. (: just start your work and post it. FH users will give feedback. :D i'd love to see some of your work.
"We are brothers
Not in blood,
But in bond." ~To Trey

CloudFish

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 01:38:51 am »
You should make some custom objects/textures then. Most people use them anyway. Like the Feral Heart + Package? Those textures and models are one up of the ones used in the regular game.

There are plenty of users who have used their skills to create custom objects and textures to replace those in game, or to be placed into maps. (Actually, if I'm correct, altering the game files without Kov's permission is against the rules.) So I think only the custom object making is allowed?  I am not sure. You are best to question a moderator or an admin about those privileges. I do not see you actually being able to be part of the team though, despite your best intentions, unless you talk directly to Kov, and even then it's unlikely.

But with whatever you decide on doing, or end up doing, I wish you luck and look forward to seeing pieces of your work.

Offline fieryflare

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 02:34:17 am »
You can make maps and objects yourself and share it with other people, so go and make some awesome looking stuff so I can download it =P

And yes the textures are stretched, the map maker in this game just does that. You put an object in map maker and scale it much larger so the textures get stretched when you enlarge the object so they can look really ugly.

Offline Revi Wolfe

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 01:11:09 am »
alright then ^^ nice positive opinions. I will try to show something soon then.

and indeed I dont think I can be part of the team. Most likely its almost impossible since I dont think they're waiting for someone who wants to improve something that they are working on.
I almost forgot that map maker etc.. thought yes. It is not allowed to make own objects i think, just the custom.
Thats why I asked this X3

Offline Shadowcloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Master Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 02:39:35 am »
I suggest making Maps and Presets, and posting some pictures of them on the forums. 

excuse me while i cry over people that don't exist
haven't been on here in over two years
oops