Author Topic: Group ranks  (Read 1979 times)

Offline .General..

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Bowties are cool.
    • View Profile
    • Webbysite >83
Group ranks
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:58:49 pm »
Before anyone starts saying 'oh but then we'd have to get KovuLKD to update the game etc' yes I know. I'm not saying we have to use this, and yes I know Kovu is quite busy and henceforth cannot do much on FH right now. I just wanted to say, it'd be cool /if/ we had this feature. c:

So, do you guys think it'd be awesome to have ranks for the group, say you can have the owner, then some mods for your group. That way, if the owner is busy, mods can still accept people into your group and kick people etc. :3 I think it'd be pretty neat, and handy. I want to know what chu guys think about it. c8

Signature drawing by Cakeindafridge.
Thanks for the drawings guys. <3
Whovian forever. <3

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Group ranks
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:01:53 pm »
-Resists commenting about Kov updating the game- Hurrdurr.

Yeah it'd be rather cool tbh, at least if it was a possibility to have a co-owner and such for another recruiter. As running a group is rather difficult, keeping it running and all if you're only one person to do all the things.
Sure, there are systems within a group when it comes to recruiting, but sometimes people aren't as patient and you'd loose several members due to the issue.

I do think it's a great idea. x3
RETIRED.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 06:09:17 pm »
I've always wanted this to be added, it makes life hectic with the system it's currently in.
A lot of these long-term groups have co-administrators and other group owners within just one group, giving power to certain individuals via the group creator needz to be addedz.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Bluminescent

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
  • "It's always about your friends, isn't it?"
    • Bluminescent
    • blumutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 01:11:17 am »
I agree that this would be very useful, but there's a bad side. Suppose you pick a moderator, but they start abusing their privilege by kicking random members and accepting members that aren't eligible for the group.
My Deviantart

" Y'ever wonder what stars are? Where light comes from? "

Offline awesomelyodd

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
    • sirawesomelyodd
    • Awesomelyodd
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIN
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 05:52:26 am »
I agree that this would be very useful, but there's a bad side. Suppose you pick a moderator, but they start abusing their privilege by kicking random members and accepting members that aren't eligible for the group.
That is not something that can be considered a "con" to the feature of the group managing system as stated above.... that would be a mistake by the owner for placing that person as a moderator. The owner should only place those he or she trusts and knows can handle the responsibilities.

Offline Shadow13131

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:37 pm »
Maybe just give the moderators the ability to accept, not kick. :3