Author Topic: Combat System  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Peter

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Combat System
« on: June 30, 2011, 02:41:04 pm »
I was on DeviantART, and saw someone's comment that they really missed the fact that you could actually attack in Impressive Title, and now with FH you just pretend you type it in.

So I thought, how about we have a combat system where every feline and canine can attack other players.

The attacks are:
Bite: Using your fangs, you can bite another player. The parts of the body where you bite vary from damage.
Slash: Using your claws, you can slash another player.
Slap: Using your paws but with your claws hidden, you can slap another player.
Tackle: Using your whole body, you can tackle another player to the ground.
Disembowl (Fatality move): Using your hind legs, you can rip open a players belly. This will instantly drop the target's health bar to 0. The target has to be lying down (either by chance or using the Tackle move to force them to the ground.  For felines only.
I can't think of a Fatality move for canines.

Anyway, when players are, let's say KO'ed, they respawn at the nearest portal. So for example, if someone is KO'ed in Fluorite Plains, they respawn near the Cape portal.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Combat System
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 04:49:30 pm »
I don't like this idea. Imagine you're minding your own business, maybe sitting alone in a cave, and a large pack of den claimers comes up. It'd be so easy to kill you and warp you far away. If this was a feature it should be on custom maps only and can be turned on or off.

Besides, I like a good text brawl with the right people.

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 05:01:56 pm »
I don't like this idea. Imagine you're minding your own business, maybe sitting alone in a cave, and a large pack of den claimers comes up. It'd be so easy to kill you and warp you far away. If this was a feature it should be on custom maps only and can be turned on or off.

Text brawls are boring. People can easily deny what you say as an action.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 05:16:33 pm »

It would definitely have to be in private maps only, or it will turn annoying.

Offline Peter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 05:34:50 pm »

It would definitely have to be in private maps only, or it will turn annoying.

Then how about that when you KO someone (I don't like to say kill because it's not really killing since you respawn, plus it's not very nice :/) it appears in the chat so everyone can see it. This means the mods can see it and prevent abuse.

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 06:02:17 pm »

Then how about that when you KO someone (I don't like to say kill because it's not really killing since you respawn, plus it's not very nice :/) it appears in the chat so everyone can see it. This means the mods can see it and prevent abuse.

Hmmm... I still don't think so, because it will still be abused on public maps. Even if it can be reported, the harassment will still happen.

Perhaps a menu where it could be turned off, so nobody is attacking people who don't want to fight would work...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:05:08 pm by Sameth »

AoN64

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 02:24:34 am »
With some restrictions, this could work perfectly.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 02:48:44 am »
I thought of something. You have a fight option on your player statistics and if another person sends a fight request and YOU accept then you can fight. So then if you don't want to have someone randomly attacking you, you don't accept the fight request ;) thought it would be a useful suggestion
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.