Author Topic: Adding Players able to pick other players up if pup/cub sized  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Amberzerine

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
I think we should add in if a player is pup/cub sized (on my opinion, three clicks on a size thing in the character edit) the bigger players could pick it up? And maybe you can make it so you have to get right by the player in order to pick it up, so maybe if your that player about to be picked up, you can run? Another thing, we should put a "Pick up Player" bar in their Player Info? It would be nice, but you don't have to...
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Players able to pick other players up if pup/cub sized
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:53:43 pm »
Hm.. I think this is a good idea, really. It'd be very useful, I mean, in the roleplay's I've been in; you have to walk with the person. As if you're dragging them. xD But yeah, good idea. Thanks for sharing it with the community!~
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Amberzerine

• Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:30:58 am »
Well, when he comes back, we can try to make it so it sends a request for the person wanting to pick him/her up and if she/he accepts, then it can be a chase or just a pick up.
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi

Offline Kaniki

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 05:42:20 pm »
I think we should add in if a player is pup/cub sized (on my opinion, three clicks on a size thing in the character edit) the bigger players could pick it up? And maybe you can make it so you have to get right by the player in order to pick it up, so maybe if your that player about to be picked up, you can run? Another thing, we should put a "Pick up Player" bar in their Player Info? It would be nice, but you don't have to...

I have mixed feelings about this. For example, you and your friends are roleplaying. Then, a random feline/canine comes over and takes you. That would cause a bit of a stir, wouldn't it? There would also be a game update needed if this was about to happen. There would be a limit line for pup/adult size needed so the feature would be available. It is a good great idea though!  :)

In-game name: Kaniki

Offline Amberzerine

• Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 11:57:27 pm »
Aw thank you. I just hope this gets added, but like I said, Requests should be sent from the person who wants to pick you up. It would be more helpful right?
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 12:17:35 am »
Aw thank you. I just hope this gets added, but like I said, Requests should be sent from the person who wants to pick you up. It would be more helpful right?
Requests could become a form of spam, especially if they pop up on screen. Even though the thought of being able to carry someone adds realism to the game, I'd think it would be better to add simpler motions first before this, such as another dance move, or being able to nuzzle someone, since it would be strange for the game to have an option of pick someone up but not do simpler tasks, if that makes sense.

If requests had an off and on option, I'm not sure how one would corporate this into the game, even with the source code. I eould think everyone would have to have it "on," no?
~Faolan~ has a good point too; say there were no requests and anyone could just pick you up. I could never go "afk/brb" in-game again! x'D

Even though avid roleplayers might benefit from this option being added, I think it would used for bad more than for good.
Good idea though. c:

Offline Amberzerine

• Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 03:49:11 pm »
I understand...I guess the game would be on without it.
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi

Offline Lusamine

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Hey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 04:19:04 pm »
I like this Idea,but as the others said.It could be quite a bother,if people picked you up randomly and dragged ye off to troll.So,to go with that their would have to be some form of being able to get out of it.That way,it'd be less of a problem.
IGN: Lusamine, Formally  .Lord~Kibben.

Offline Amberzerine

• Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 04:59:45 pm »
Hey that would be a nice idea! Like pressing spacebar to escape... but if the player has wings, then you might fall to your death. XD just kidding, but still, spacebar to escape after a few times would be nice.
AAAAAAAAAAAA hi

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 05:20:42 pm »
What if only people in your party/group could pick you up? That would get rid of the whole 'random person' picking you up thing. And you could turn it off so people in general couldn't pick you up?

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'