Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 3169 times)

Minky101

Please help!
« on: June 19, 2012, 02:19:52 am »
I just downloaded Windows 7, and I thought FH would finally work (I had issues with it when i was using Windows 8 consumer preview) but alas, a problem arised.  When i click on the FH icon it says something like "d3dx9_42 is either not designed to run on Windows or there was an error".  Then i will will say 5 seconds later "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working".  This is SO annoying I thought I was finally going to be able to play the game. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 02:54:20 am »
d3dx9 sounds like a DirectX issue. When the game first starts up and you have all the different options for the display settings, try changing it to OpenGL and see if that fixes it.

Alternatively, if the splash screen isn't showing up, navigate to your FeralHeart directory (C:\FeralHeart usually) and open up ogre.cfg

find the Render System line and make sure it says: Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem

If not, change it to that and save the .cfg, then try launching the game again.

Minky101

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 02:56:25 am »
Thank you! I'll try that (this thread is still open to replies)

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:57:27 am »
Alright, I hope it works for you. :D

Minky101

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 02:59:52 am »
It was already on OpenGl, I tried changing it to DIrectx but that didn't work at all.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 03:04:16 am »
Perchance some other issue, then. I'm presuming you've already tried re-downloading the game from this website?

Minky101

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 03:06:27 am »
Yes.

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 03:12:31 am »
Hmm! another suggestion is to try downloading the .dll that is giving you problems. One download which I've found is this: http://www.dll-files.com/d3dx9_42.zip?0WGmXFYDgQ

download the zip, extract it, then take the d3dx9_42.dll file inside of that and place it inside C:\FeralHeart.

I've downloaded it myself and it doesn't appear to be infected, but no guarantees. :F

It's odd that you're getting this error, because as far as I can tell, FeralHeart doesn't even come with that particular .dll.

Minky101

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 03:14:47 am »
Thanks :) but I might wait to download that considering that I don't have an anti-virus on here yet.  Any other suggestions?

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 03:17:16 am »
When you changed the Render System line in ogre.cfg, what did you write?

If you're using DirectX, it should look like this: Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem

I'm going to presume that's what you wrote, but I just want to double-check. :3
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:22:04 am by Sir_Anathema »