Author Topic: Making Meshes  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Gear

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • McFluffinstein
    • View Profile
Making Meshes
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:29:31 pm »
I've been seeing alot of talk about mesh files and stuff to make objects and things and i have 2 questions is there a tutorial on here how to do it (if not please tell me how :3) and can you use meshes to make different characters or just presets?

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
Re: Making Meshes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:47:09 am »
Meshes are used for objects in-game, like making rocks, trees and things like that. They are very hard to make, and require a 3D modelling program like Blender, which takes a long while to learn how to use. Presets do not need meshes, you just use a photo-editing program like Gimp to change the looks of your characters's coat. There are many preset making tutorials on these forums, in the tutorials section.
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline Gear

• McFluffinstein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:33:54 pm »
I know blender is hard to use but i need to learn for future use and my real question is whether or not you can use it to change your characters appearance, i dont mean coat colors like the presets but physical changes.

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 05:11:46 am »
Yes, I believe you can, players have added things like claws, but I do not know how, sorry. I do not know if you can change the shape of the character as a whole, as it has things like the running animations, and other things like that. To make things like whiskers, claws, etc, I am pretty sure you have to edit an existing mane file or something, so they take the place of a mane, or other parts you can add on to your character. Sorry if this is not much of a help XD
I'm not active peeps. I've moved on it life, so to say, managing a game community with over a million players. I hope you enjoy my maps, meshes, and presets I made in my time here.

I might be on like once every few months, just to check in. But other than that, Bai!

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 12:33:04 pm »
With the right knowledge of blender and the right plugins as in Python scripts and the Blender Ogre Mesh Exporter and Importer, you should be able to those changes. However. Other wont be able to see the changes you did unless you offer them to replace the meshes you did.

Offline Gear

• McFluffinstein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 10:05:33 pm »
thats what i need, the mesh file for the feline and canine to upload to blender to change it, but another question is would it effect everything other character i had if i played with the actually canine and feline meshes or just the one?

Offline Eagleify

• Dedicated Supporter
  • I like your flagella.
    • View Profile
    • Eaglify's DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 12:40:46 am »
I am pretty sure it would effect all of the characters in the game. The meshes for the characters' bodies are in your FH folder, media, then models. There are the meshes for the bodies there, but as I have not tried this, I do not know which ones you would edit, I can guess, and I think it would be the "fbody 1" or "cbody 1" depending on which one you want to edit, but it may be one of the other cbody or fbody files.