Author Topic: Bah! It won't download correctly. u-u  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Kanzi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Bah! It won't download correctly. u-u
« on: March 26, 2012, 09:28:57 pm »
I got a new laptop and installed FH on it, and it was working fine -- even faster than before...
But recently, my laptop was taken to my mother's friend who is an expert with computers and he gave me a bunch of neat programs, one consisting of an excellent anti-virus called AVG.

When I tried to open up my FH on the precious day of my laptop's return, it said there was a 4-point threat and I had to move it away. When I restarted my computer, my laptop notified me that it had removed it.
Butttttt I want to play FH. D: I keep trying to download it but I get this after I get to the actual download point...

It gives me this message that says it failed and that I either have to abort/retry/ignore.

Aborting would cancel the download, retry never works, and so I was forced to chose "ignore" annndd then it doesn't work and I just get some shoddy blank icon instead of the snazzy looking paw as a shortcut, and everytime I click that shortcut, whether it be from my desktop of from "search" on my start bar, it gives me messages about how the file cannot be found (as if it were moved or changed).

I miss FH. <33 Can someone help?

Offline peaceyoyo101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Bah! It won't download correctly. u-u
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:34:29 pm »
Are you running the download? Also go here: C:\FeralHeart (if possible) find something called uninstall00 and run that. Also turn of your virus or firewall to download it, if that works make an ecception to feralheart.exe.

Offline Kanzi

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:22 pm »
If I uninstall FH will I lose all my presets and maps that I've downloaded?

Offline peaceyoyo101

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:38:09 pm »
Yes, you will or you can move them all to a new folder or something them and put them back after installing again, also you can always re-download them.

Offline Kanzi

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:47:08 pm »
Thanks for your help!
I think I was saving it in the wrong file or something, because I changed the file location and now it's working... weird.

Offline peaceyoyo101

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:50:52 pm »
You are welcome, glad I could help!