Author Topic: No Connection  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Gear

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • McFluffinstein
    • View Profile
No Connection
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:02 pm »
So I've been trying to get onto feralheart for awhile now and what i get is "Failed to connect to main server" I'm able to get to the character selection page but i cant get into maps, my internet connection is excellent so whats the problem?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: No Connection
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:50:41 pm »
It's most likely that the map was at full population at the time(s) you were trying to enter. You can come on the forum here and check the map populations by holding your arrow over the right side of the forum. Were you maybe trying to enter on a character that is in Fluorite at the time? If so that could be why because currently it is very crowded. Consider using the character reset option at the top right of the forum if any of your characters are stuck on that map:

Or you can always just keep trying to enter, play on a less crowded map, or just be patient and wait it out until the population goes down a bit again. Also remember that the server has been having some trouble for a while now so it could be a server issue. Just give it some time before you try entering again.
Hope that helps Jynx :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:59:02 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Gear

• McFluffinstein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:57:29 pm »
the map wasnt full i chcecked but its like that with every map even the unpopulated downloads

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »
the map wasnt full i chcecked but its like that with every map even the unpopulated downloads

So it's a downloaded map that you can't get into or is it happening on every map even the default ones? Sometimes this issue happens with downloaded maps but again its usually just something you have to sit out. Sometimes you can and can't enter custom maps at random times. I have that issue with a custom map pack called the "Darklore Territories". Every once in a while I can't get on it and then a month or two later it works. You could always wait until the servers are reset again because sometimes that helps. Either than that I don't really know what else you could do. Just make sure you have a secure internet connection and retry as few times, sometimes it takes a few tries. I can't really offer better advice since the error message is "Failed to connect to main server" it's most likely a server issue with that specific map and not the files themselves...especially since you can access the character menu it usually isn't a problem with the entire game. Just in case though you could always try uninstalling the game and reinstalling.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:48:04 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Gear

• McFluffinstein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 11:08:28 pm »
its every map

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 12:16:13 am »
Hmm maybe check out this link Jynx:
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=10423.msg144795#msg144795
Scroll down once the page loads to where it says "Failed to connect to front server" in bright orange. Read that and click the link it gives you. Hopefully something there can help.

Also Refer to this info:
Is the computer allowing FeralHeart to connect to the internet?
Games like these needs to be able to connect to the internet, but sometimes windows doesn't know if the game/application can be trusted or it just skips adding the game to exceptions. If you aren't able to log on the game, this might be your issue.

Open up your control panel located in the start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use, and which layout it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security" or just find the text "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing add program.

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings "Nope!". Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

How's your internet connection?
Sometimes the internet connection of the users trying to play the game might be weak. This can cause you to not being able to connect or staying online for a longer time, many people might start blaming the game or server for this when it in fact might be themselves.

Here's a few things you can check:
1. Are you even connected to the internet right now?
2. Are you running any downloading/streaming programs?
3. Are there any other computers/devices using the same internet?
4. Are you currently using a wireless connection, if so, are you getting good signal?

Sometimes the internet connection can time out for various reasons and then jump back on again, so be sure to try a few times first.

Programs in the background
Downloading things or running streaming programs eats your bandwidth, and this bandwidth is needed in order to play the game, especially if you're using slower speeds. You can start by shutting off things like downloading programs and internet browsers. Maybe even IM programs such as MSN and AIM and try to play again.

Turn off extra devices
If you got more than 1 computer or other devices also using the internet, try turning them off if they're not in use. This will give you more bandwidth to spare.

On a wireless connection?
If you're using a laptop you might be using a wireless internet connection. These can sometimes loose their signal to the internet source. So try placing yourself closer to your modem, this might give you a stronger signal.

These things should solve the most connection problems![\quote]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:35:17 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Gear

• McFluffinstein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 12:33:08 am »
tried everything still nothing

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 12:39:25 am »
When did this whole problem start then? Like when was the last time you were able to get on with no problems? I can't really see what else can be done. You will just have to wait for the server to get restarted and hopefully that will fix things for you. It usually does for most people at least. I'm very sorry Jynx. The server has been very derpy lately D; so this is the best advice I can give you.

Offline FighterWolf399

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 12:40:43 am »
Have you ever tried to restart your computer or uninstall FH then install it again. Hope it helped.
--Raz--

Offline Gear

• McFluffinstein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2012, 12:41:50 am »
I got it now i just repatched it and now its working...weird