Author Topic: Installing and Downloading: Windows 8  (Read 2762 times)

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
Installing and Downloading: Windows 8
« on: January 26, 2013, 04:29:44 am »
Kiri's Windows 8 Tutorial

So, I've been noticing that some with Windows 8 are finding it slightly harder to download FeralHeart with either new computers or for the first time, so I decided to make a thread in case anybody needs help.
Steps are in order. :3

|1.| Download the regular Setup. If anything says it's unable to be downloaded, make sure no anti-virus software is blocking it. Also make sure Windows doesn't automatically quarantine it. It shouldn't, but just in case.

|2.| Make sure after it's done downloaded that it's moved to "Downloads" like it's supposed to and not automatically moved somewhere else by the Windows 8 thinking that that's where it goes.

|3.| Install it, or let it install as you probably have the Installer.
NOTE: If it says it cannot be run or something of the sort, make sure if it's a .exe file as it should be. If not, you'll have to go in and convert it which I don't really feel like typing about at the moment. (If you find a tutorial about that: Yes, it should have all the necessary executable things as in the words and instructions.)
NOTE: If the file is a .exe file and it says that Windows can't run it, make sure no anti-virus software is blocking it ... again.

|4.| While installing, you might have to edit the installing slightly as it'll probably want to take you to a different spot. It should be installed to C: > FeralHeart, and whether not you want to have a desk icon is your choice. So then in all, it should be:
Destination Location: C:\FeralHeart
Start Menu Folder: FeralHeart
Additional Tasks: Yes or no for desktop icon. (If you check "No", this spot will not show up.)

|5.| Make sure the folder is placed into C: Drive (Not meant to be smiley face) under "FeralHeart". If it's not, move it there. :3

A Few Things

~ After installing once, this should save and be correct the next time you do it on the same PC/Laptop.
~ This really shouldn't be too epically hard to understand.
~ If you evidently do have to convert the installer to a .exe which is VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY, just drop a note in PM or in the thread and I'll get back to you about it.

So, feel free to comment on how well I did this. Too hard to understand? Just say and I'll be happy to tweak it slightly so it's easier to understand. c: I hoped this would be simple though it didn't seem exactly like that. xD

I hope I helped anyone who was a bit confused and by all means, comment!! I'm happy to take in on your input. c:

~Kiri

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline AthenaPanthera

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Installing and Downloading: Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 07:54:55 am »
I've been having problems...I'm going to try this...Oh god please let this be the answer.

Offline AthenaPanthera

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59:53 am »
Nope. No FH for Redd. :/

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:10:39 am »
@Sonia: What exact problems are you having, may I ask?

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?